Myi3reXhandy
Private
Rep
Drives: i3 Rex 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myi3reXhandy View Post
That's cool, imagine the frunk can be use as the spot to put all that, the part to charge while it drives would be but crazy due the software and regulations and systems, but over all it sound like something I will like to have
Frunk can be used with a bit of weather-proofing and heat management. In our case, we tossed the module in the trunk (where we’d be charging tools, etc) and ran the GFCI circuit to the frunk.

Where there’s a will there’s a way if anyone ever wanted to figure out live-charging. For a prototype full-roof/bonnet CIGS panel, the cost is exorbitant, but if 10+ folks banned together it wouldn’t be as bad (still pricey). Here’s what MiaSole/Hanergy did to a popular Kei car...
http://miasole.com/hanergy-touts-sol...hout-charging/

In a solar-optimized climate with someone who drives few daily miles/day (~10 miles), it could cut the need to plug in ~half. Makes zero financial sense given the costs, but playing with cars never does.
Exactly that's the point, and make me wonder why still no coming out with a 100% self charging car yet with all this technology out there, but anyway line the concept, I was actually thinking on getting a small generator my sled to try out charging while I'm park at clients I do drive a lot at least 80-90 miles each day