View Single Post
      04-08-2020, 06:19 AM   #38
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by particulardude View Post
The post by Murf993 didn't quote correctly - I said what you are responding to.

I'm not a police officer and thankfully am not too familiar with situations like this.

Who knows why they did it they way they did.

The approach appears way too casual on the officer's behalf imo.
I cut and pasted your exact words so I quoted you correctly. Clearly you're not a police officer. But I was for over 30 years in a major NA city. This is pretty much text book handling. There is no reason to point guns, throw the guy on the ground and frankly no rush to put cuffs on the guy. It's called an investigation. Before you arrest someone for impaired or anything else for that matter you have to be satisfied that you have reasonable and probably grounds that an offence has been committed. People crash cars for lots of reasons and impaired driving in only one. This guy could've had a medical issue that caused him to lose control for example. There are so many armchair quarterbacks who always know how the police should've handled any given situation and would be quick to point out if they think they over reacted as fast as if they under reacted.

Like I said, it looks to me like the copper handled it just fine. This guy is rich apparently, so what. He will go through the process and let the chips fall. It's up to the courts and the lawyers now. And given all the cameras now (this video is a great illustration) had the cops gun pointed him or grounded him hard what do you think his lawyers would do with that?

Last edited by Murf993; 04-08-2020 at 06:26 AM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60050.50
White3401393.00
roastbeef11586.00
N54Yankee2707.00