View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 10:37 PM   #61
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Because I am in outside sales, I spend pretty much all day in my car. I call it "my office." I have to park my car in all kinds of situations... On the street in major cities in the northeast, and NYC-style parking garages where white-glove treatment is far from assured. This makes having a "beater" attractive. I can spread the miles driven across two cars, and keep my "nice car" out of bad weather and bad parking situations. Additionally, if I have a practical "beater" I can have a slightly less practical "nice car."

So I'm starting to do some more research in this area. Man, I am super-pissed we don't get the Forte 5 GT here, it seems to tick all the boxes. If we got it, I'd probably buy one right now.

But I'm trying to put together a list for this 2nd car, considering what I'm looking for. No SUVs/x-overs. I might even be tempted to go back to the 4 I had before. My big difference is that I'm fine with used from a few years back. Generally, looking for something with ACC, good carrying capacity, preferably AWD, if not FWD (spare me the BS about how you can drive on impacted-ice roads with your RWD car and racing slicks). Be nice if the cargo space was big enough that I could easily stick skis in or a bicycle-which would only be for the winter or in a pinch otherwise, since it's nice to have a warm bike and keep it out of the nasty (this time of the year). But barring that, at least enough space for things like skis or to be able to put my monstrous 1LE wheels in to get some new rubber. That means at least folding seats. Also, auto-start would be nice. Would plan on putting some big miles on the car going to Canada, cruising, want to be comfortable, want good mileage, the ACC, etc.