03-02-2021, 06:50 AM   #3
patsgarageonline
patsgarageonline.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezza211 View Post
So now the s box component of the hv battery is not covered by the hv battery warranty....WTF
We're having a bit of an ongoimg conversation regarding bullshit but i think uk law protects me from their misinterpretation of the warranty.
Anyone had this crap pulled on them before ?
Its only a couple of thousand to fix and really just want the car back but u suspect it will fault out again when it does.

Yes, the SME module is not covered by the high voltage battery warranty. My friend evapors on YouTube had his car towed to the dealer because his parking brake module failed. When it got there, they saw a check engine light (that was not on when he sent it to BMW) and they found the SME module inside the high voltage battery enclosure failed, so they dropped the enclosure and replaced it. They couldn't get it programmed, so BMW in Germany remotely connected to their dealership and they couldn't get it programmed to the car, either. So, they tried a 2nd module. Still failed. So they told him they needed to replace all the battery wiring. That didn't fix the problem, either. So they tested each battery module and decided maybe the HV battery was the issue. Those modules were replaced under warranty. The cost to him for the other parts and labor was $5,000 USD. The car was at the dealer for 20 weeks. He sold it a couple weeks after he got it back because he doesn't trust that another component on the car will set him back even more money and time.