View Single Post
      11-19-2020, 01:18 PM   #2
kb2wji
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 128 convertible 6MT

I ran into this with my Honda Ridgeline. Had a transmission software update at the dealership and the tech input "123123" for the mileage. Therefore, my mileage went from 90k to 123123 and than 92k when I had it inspected. Carfax picked up on it and flagged my car for an odometer rollback. I didn't even realize it until I tried to sell it and the buyer told me to pound sand.
Long story short, Carfax WILL correct a legitimate error. If you go to their website, there is a link to apply for a report correction. You will have to provide documentation from whoever screwed it up. In my case, I had to submit a letter from the service manager on company letterhead stating that the tech "lazily" entered a made up mileage number. They did correct the error and removed it from the Carfax report. Process took a couple weeks and they were actually relatively easy to deal with.
If you want to send me the VIN I can run it to see if it's popped up yet. (I have a Carfax account)

Edit: Also, in your case, you may need to get an affidavit from whoever screwed up the title mileage. I'm sure it varies by state, but I would start with Carfax so they can tell you what they require.
Appreciate 0