11-14-2016, 11:54 AM   #4
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@EuroJerks View Post
I grew up skiing in the 90's and early 2000's seeing this fad come and go (snowblades). They are "fun" but are dangerous if you are not a great skier. It's very easy to hurt yourself (there is a very short tail on the ski and most people ski leaning back with their weight). I see people lose control easier because there is no leverage on the short tail to turn them. They are very rigid so it can also be very hard on the knees. It seems that the ones you posted are longer so they would be more stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
As a former ski pattroller, many hills also do not allow them, you may also want to wear wrist guards. The 'ole double wrist snap.

Although, the pic you posted are not "mini skis". A 135 is not really that short with new more modern skis, just more of a freestyle ski for hitting the snow parks.

These are snow blades that are banned on many hills.

Personally, I am on 155's slalom race skis, compared to my 213's "back in the day". Skis have gotten much shorter over the past couple years.

Thanks guys, this is exactly the feedback I was looking for.

I didn't realize that the photo I posted was 135cm length. The length I would consider would be between 99-125cm as it seems to be the standard for this type of ski.

I am definitely not an advanced skier, so I was under the impression that these would actually be easier to get back into the game with, considering the shorter length and ease of movement. I would definitely start off with poles just for some balance.

Matt, in the photo you posted from what I can see those are non-release bindings. I'm assuming that's the danger part you're referring to? I would definitely be getting quick release.

MightyMouseTech, your photo is not showing up for some reason.
Appreciate 0