10-26-2017, 10:20 AM   #69
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
Yea AC definitely isn't that great if you like competitive racing. I mainly hot lap street cars and practice car control (aka drifting) and the physics in AC are just better than anything else out there IMO. I suppose RFactor is up there too, but the graphics engine is just too old for me to enjoy spending time in it. AC has so many cars and enough tracks stay busy anyways. I want to love iRacing because of the wealth of laser scanned tracks, but I think the FFB is terrible and the tire model falls apart once the rear end of cars start to break loose. It's frustrating to no end when I spin a dozen times in a Miata, but can comfortably take cars sideways in real life no problem. AC drives exactly how I expect them to and it's just so natural to transition from real life and the game.
Yea I love hot lapping in the LaFerrari

When was the last time you used iRacing? I experienced what you did from the beginning, but since last year they did a huge leap forward with the tire model and I can quite honestly suggest, now, that it’s a more realistic track experience ban AC. I find AC to be a bit more forgiving, but iRacing is now ahead, imo. You can feel the tires compressing over rumble strips, they stick like f’in glue after 3-4 laps of warm up, you can actually power slide a GT3 car, properly, drift the Miata, and the brake feel is much more communicative. They now have things like road debris animation and tire build up on the tarmac as well which helps us get one step closer to realism.

All in all I probably spend equal amount of time between the the two, but growing really fond of Race Room Italia. Can’t wait to get into the VR club. If i do it, though, I’m going to beef up my graphics card and wait for the next version of Rift. I have my screens properly setup so field of depth is spot on, easy view of the apex’s. This took a lot of tweaking, though..

Last edited by Dylan86; 10-26-2017 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0