View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 11:28 AM   #729
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

My brother says he tries to treat everyone fairly according to whatever he may have stopped them for unless they are just doing something plain stupid.

But he said that he's pulled people who have a clean driving record, and just given them a warning even when he knows most of the time they just haven't been caught yet.

Also attitude goes a long way. The more pleasant the interaction, the more likely the outcome will be better. But some people are assholes from the beginning or even act like you are invading their time because they did something wrong.

Here's one for you...my brother had just got off-duty and was on his way home. He had a guy tailgating him, switching lanes like crazy, and at a red-light blow his horn at him. He said the guy was verbally yelling at him when he just put it in park at the red-light with his hazards on.

The guy was singing a different tune when he seen him get out in uniform. My brother said he tried to use that as an example of why the guy needed to control that type of behavior. He didn't call for an active duty officer although he did radio in his circumstances. You never know who you are behind.

My entire family is involved in someway with the police. But the few times I have ever been stopped...I have always been cordial, compliant, and never asked for special treatment. If I was wrong...then I'm man enough to admit it.
MKSixer34184.50