02-28-2020, 11:41 AM   #10
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
The main part would be quarantine or denied entry back to the US if the situation gets worse. Friend and I have a trip booked to Vietnam transiting through Seoul next month (1 day layover in VN). When we booked it nothing was wrong. While Vietnam is absolutely fine (some friends just came back 2 weeks ago), South Korea had become a cesspool in the last week. While we’re not worried about getting sick and dying since we’re also in our 30’s and healhy, it’s the extra days or weeks from work and the hassle if somehow we end up in quarantine or something else.

It’s been frustrating trying to see if Korean Air would allow free cancellation so we can get this over with. At the moment we’re giving up a few other intra-Asia flights that we booked. If it comes down to it we’ll just bite the bullet and pay the cancellation for Korean Air as well. The $700 or so fee is probably not worth the hassle should the above happen. Colleague canceled a flight to Singapore for a wedding this week for the same reasons. My boss has a trip in May to Italy and she’s worried about it too.
My boss flew last week to visit his family in Malta. Not sure if he went through Italy on the way or when he comes back next week.

I'm actually surprised he went. He catches respiratory "bugs" all the time....I hope he just stays in his office awhile when he gets back which is on the other side of the plant from me.