FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Toilet paper is the least of your worries - you can use a hose and your left hand if you really need to. Same with water. Unless somehow the virus turns off your city water supply, tap is fine and you can boil it if necessary. I think people are conditioned to panic buy storm essentials.

That said, there’s no harm in bulking up a bit on stable essentials like beans/rice and canned food, but you’re not a prepper if you do. A prepper already had all this stuff stocked up just because and not just when they hear something bad coming this way. In CA, judging by the Costco the past few weeks, if we had a real earthquake, a good portion of the population would have been screwed. No water, no food, no basic essentials. Disasters rarely give you a month’s time heads up to get ready.

Get some freeze dried or shelf stable staples like beans/rice, store large gallon containers of water, have an easily accessible emergency kit with first aid, stove, shelter, etc. on hand at all times. Some camping brands advertise 35 year flavor guarantees for their meal kits!
Years ago, I made a mini fire pit out of an ammo can. I can just toss a grate from my grill on top if I run out of propane for that. Walk to the woods & grab some wood to burn.

It's not going to get to this level, folks.
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3572.50
243Racing1447.50
Humdizzle6039.00