03-22-2020, 05:10 AM   #70
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
If some guy had stood up in the boat and demanded Lewis and Clark throw all their guns in the river they might have thrown him in the river..... Wild Indians and bears have been replaced with gang members and crackheads. It's on the news every single night.... The only thing I can come up with is the people opposed to guns in the hands of the average citizen have never been mugged. Is it the "that won't happen to me, it just happens to other people" kind of thinking?
I often wonder why gun owners are so scared. Is your nabe more dangerous than, say, NYC in the '70's (when me & my dog chased gun-wielding muggers for blocks)? We all in NYC got rid of the guns, and now are safer than the 'burbs.
You can go backwards, watch Faux news, imagining you are in the wild west, or go forward to the new economy. How different would your life be, and the life of your community, if folks ditched their expensive & time consuming gun habits, bought a good computer, & learned to function better in the new economy?
Or you can go backwards....
The country as a whole is safer now than ever.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 03-22-2020 at 05:20 AM..
Appreciate 0