View Single Post
      03-22-2020, 05:22 AM   #73
big_ol_litres
United_States
Rep
Drives: 745li,X5,550i,335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
If some guy had stood up in the boat and demanded Lewis and Clark throw all their guns in the river they might have thrown him in the river. Well, maybe not, but they probably would have thought the sun fried his brain. Guns were needed then, as they are needed now.

The need is not hard to understand. Wild Indians and bears have been replaced with gang members and crackheads. It's on the news every single night. What I have a hard time understanding is why seemingly intelligent, normal people are so willing and ready to transfer responsibility for their personal safety and the safety of their loved ones to a police force that may be on the other side of town when the call comes.

I genuinely don't understand the aversion towards self-reliance and preparedness. The only thing I can come up with is the people opposed to guns in the hands of the average citizen have never been mugged. Is it the "that won't happen to me, it just happens to other people" kind of thinking?

I like your train of thought. I definitely understand and feel some of the apathy but that’s mainly cause I’m already prepared for things like this to happen.

In my opinion when a population of people are armed they are much more polite. Living in Salt Lake City is kinda like the Mormon Switzerland and supplies haven’t been very limited from what I’ve seen.
Appreciate 2