N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
I have heard this as well.

I guess the question of hunting versus protection comes into play. Pretty sure State Troopers aren't hunting and are looking for protection. Where as hunting you may want to take a longer shot.

I've heard many people recommend pump guns for self protection. I have never had a feed issue with my semi's, and have had a few short cycle issues (my fault) with my pump gun. As noted, the feed issue was due to an error on my part trying to get more shots in a shorter period of time..... but that's exactly what you would want to do if a bear was charging you.
I’m wasn’t talking about hunting but along the lines of a previously wounded bear by a hunter or car strike for example, bear still on the move and the only shot is a longer one to put down the critter. Police in rural areas often are called upon for this job. I’d rather reach out and touch it with for example a 7mm rem mag then run after a frightened, wounded, angry brown bear with a scattergun.

As far as semi’s I’ve had occasional issues with them but never a pump. I use my Beretta SA for trap, skeet and bird hunting but not when a bear is coming at me in full change mode. I’ll stick to my 870. To each his own.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00