04-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #834
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Have you noticed an increase in domestic violence calls? Here on the other coast, the local media is making it sound like child/spouse/DV abuse calls are through the roof.....
Not at all! The media pisses me off.

What has increased are calls to residences because parents/grandparents are upset that their 16-25 year of children/grandchildren decide to go hang out with their friends rather than stay isolated at home (...essentially civil/family issues). We get COVID calls all of the time.

Domestic violence calls happen about as much as they did prior to COVID.

I have never in my professional life witnessed a suppression of crime like I'm seeing now. Generally speaking, crime spikes when you have situations that greatly affect people's lives (...political changes, public dissent, supply shortages, etc.). This COVID has people scared, so they largely stay indoors ON THEIR OWN; people quarantined long before the government began suggesting or mandating it. Even during the, "Toilet Paper and Water Wars," there weren't any fights; there were no riots. Nothing! People were respectful of each despite being panicked.

These moments are, by far, the easiest moments I've ever had on the streets.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1614904.50
Murf99314114.00