infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Ok so decided to revive this instead of making new thread. Lets see if any of you coffee gurus can help.

Typically I just drink regular drip coffee, nothing fancy, lots of cream and sugar. I also have espresso sometimes cuban style (aka sugar with a little espresso). However I am trying to go low carb so I need to change my coffee. I will do espresso instead as I'll just have 1 cup and it's less sugar than multiple cups of drip coffee. I would like to cut out the sugar all-together but godamn that shit is bitter as fuck all.

Sooooo... any trick to making this espresso not be bitter? I have a DeLonghi Dedica and I have read sooo much shit about how to properly make it so it's not bitter. I have tried using more coffee with less liquid, less coffee with more liquid, I've tried different brands I have around the house (none of them fancy) but the shit always comes out nasty (without sugar). So is it possible to get espresso that isn't bitter?
I think you're going to need some "fancy" shit. Try some Peets espresso or some local coffeehouse stuff.
Appreciate 0