View Single Post
      12-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
A couple things that are holding me back right now...

How does one obtain a Nascar? I've completed the Jeff Gordon Nascar challenges, but only won with bronzes and didn't get a car Do I need to go for silver?

How did you guys win your first race cars? I can't complete Like The Wind in A-Spec with a Veyron because there are turns, lol.

I also saw something in another thread about using a '69 Camaro (coverted to a race car) or a fully modded Countach to win the Historic Race Car series. I'll have to try that

One tip that I can offer is to complete the GT All-Stars series (the second to last in the Expert races), I used the '07 Mazda Furai Concept fully modded. This car was won in B-Spec in the Mazda Miata race series. The competition has 600-800+ HP and the Mazda only has 570hp but it only weighs 675kg and takes any of those cars in the twisties
I've spent an insane amount of effort testing and playing with this stuff, so I can answer these nicely I think (same problems).

NASCAR is achieved via Gold, I'm not sold the car you get is the best out there, so buying one isn't a bad idea. but you do get a free one. Have to be GOLD in all events. gold is actually easy....here's a hint, there's a bug in the game, the expert series keeps ASM on, bypass this by setting ABS to 0.

Like the wind is cake with the Furai (right?), I'm 99% sure that's why I used, but I'm confused why you wouldn't have used it if you have it. Maybe I'm confusing races.

don't waste your time or money with the countach or any of the crap you read on the web, you'll have a lot of rage quitting.
Easy thing is to unlock the toyota 7, that's really all you actually need.

hope this helps Trust me it's the easiest way to win the places where you're getting hung up at
Appreciate 0