View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 03:15 AM   #1
The Kilted Canuck
Rep
Drives: BMW

I8 LCI - Less Obvious Changes?

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and am currently looking for an i8. I was hoping for some input - I have both heavily Googled and searched the forums for this info, so sorry if this info has been posted and I have missed it!

I am debating whether the LCI Coupe is worth the extra money. On top of the price premium - here in the UK I would be subject to an £150 annual road tax that I would not have to pay on an i8 registered before April 2017, as well as an additional surcharge the first few years of ownership (again not applicable to the older i8s). The benefits would be better finance rates and the factory warranty and service plan still being active - on top of the actual model changes.

I am aware of the more obvious changes (battery and motor update, iDrive update, air shutter, "coupe" emblem, etc). I have seen someone mention additional steel bracing carried over from the roadster and a better engine note, but cannot find anything official on that or any other 'under the skin' updates. Is anyone aware of a list of the more subtle changes?

Also, on either model - can anyone tell me the difference between the standard and the 'natural leather' besides the cloth inserts? Is it that much nicer?

Much appreciated and sorry for a long first post!
Appreciate 0