10-17-2020, 02:40 AM   #4
Maxxsirrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 2017, Crystal White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolarBear View Post
Also later LCIs did not have a service pack - which is possibly not that comprehensive. Early models had 5 years, some strangely had 4 years, and my Nov 18 had 3 years. They only go off the onboard computer though so if you buy a garage queen with minimal miles it will forgo it's services that it might get if it were used more, annoyingly! So many LCIs will not have a service pack. The service pack didn't include brake fluid anyway, I think it was just oil and air filter.
My 3 year service pack included the brake fluid change. Academic though really as its now expired lol, i will be paying for my services from now on!

In response to the OP, I'd say that you seem to have picked up all of the changes that I'm aware of on the LCI, it is a little bit better in a few ways, mostly the battery life and infotainment updates. The question is really how much in your mind it is worth paying for these. The extra road tax costs and fuel cost savings will pale in comparison to the extra depreciation costs you will suffer for a newer car vs an older one. So for best VfM buy a pre-april 2017 with a BMW warranty (or budget add one on yourself), a newer model will likely cost you £5k + a year more in depreciation.
Appreciate 0