View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #14
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxsirrah View Post
You can try to play the numbers however you like, but an older car will cost you significantly less per year than a newer one. I've had my 2017 i8 from new on a 4 year 0% interest PCP deal which comes up in march next year. My decision is whether to pay the £43k settlement number and keep my current coupe or trade the car in for a newer roadster. Financially its an absolute no brainer to keep the current car, if you're simply looking at monthly finance payments then thats far from a true reflection of the ownership costs. But as long as you can afford it and you're happy with your choice then go for it!
Interestingly, a recent discussion on Facebook showed the price of a UK 18 Plate pre-LCI with 11k miles was £54k. Mine was 1 month older, but with 3k miles, for £59.3k. Let's say £2k reduction off for the mileage. That puts the difference between a pre-LCI and post-LCI of the same age at about £3.5k difference.

You're right an older car has less to fall and is astounding value, but once you start to get to the transition period £3.5k buys you a battery, better head-ups, upgraded nav, touchscreen, the LCIs don't carry a huge premium really if those are priced in!
Appreciate 0