04-19-2022, 12:04 PM   #10
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike13 View Post

ILLUSTRATION BY RADOVAN VARICAK

This is by far THE BEST rendering I have seen for the next gen i8. Lets hope BMW steals it instead of stealing from Lamborghini to create what I consider is an ugly baby lambo ripoff.

This design + opening the rear channels for the iconic rear wind i8 look is the best its gonna get.

This design, 600+ hp, equivalent or better tech than 8 series, double the range, and a more premium interior is all I ask for. Thats what would make this worth spending $100k+ on.
1. Love the looks - basically everything everyone else has commented about the kink, grill, rear winglets, etc

2. PHEV capability ala Porsche 918 would be great, but ultimately some form of hybrid is likely even without that. I'd be happy with something I can commute and get 40-50+ mpg with, but still has 500+ hp on tap when I want to do some spirited driving or track time. I think a good engine choice (keeping in mind weight / size limitations) would likely be the S58. Paired with electric motors you could easily hit 600+ hp and if the weight is kept down (target: less than the M2; current is 3500 lbs i8, 3600 lbs M2) it would be decisively quick.

3. I imagine it would get a variant on the new i4 interior, though I actually prefer the M4/M3 interiors. Just update the current i8 interior to be in line with that and I'd be happy, rather than jumping to the newer i4 stuff. I have a feeling they'll go straight to next gen post-i4 design though.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 0