10-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #23
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Maybe what I said was misinterpreted a little bit.

First off, I don't want to offend anyone. I didn't mean if you don't eat organic food you are trying to destroy your body or the planet, I know that is not anyones intentions. This just isn't sustainable we've already ruined the majority of our farmland and this is continuing. We don't need GMO's to increase food supply, we don't need to use pesticides or herbicides on our food. Organic farmers have done it for thousands of years and are still doing it today. This new technology has actually decreased crop production and the levels of pesticides and herbicides being used are increasing due to resistance from pests and weeds.

Also GMO's are fairly new they've only been around for about a decade. Those 6 people were not eating GMO's all their life like what is expected of todays children.
No offense taken, just thought that was a little brash and some might take it as a Whole Foods clinger kind of comment (not that you are one by any means).

I understand where you are coming from, agriculture should be better protected for the now and future as a whole, and unfortunately as a population, there really is only so much we can do, like buy organic and not "feed" into general crops using GMOs.

With your last comment, do you expect someone who has grown up in the age of GMO implementation has no chance of reaching the same extended life that someone who is at 110+ currently? Do you feel that the only way this will continue to be achieved is if we consume natural goods? Just curious, like to hear the other side of the spectrum.
Appreciate 0