View Single Post
      07-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #77
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

Well I got some good news and some not so good news on my i8 order today. Not so good news first: in contrast to what I was previously told, they were not able to get the Tera World interior, which I wanted to go with the Crystal White Pearl exterior. I was told that there were some production issues, but I suspect they just went back to their original plan to provide initial cars only with the Pure Impulse package. It wasn't my preference, but I'm sure I'll still love it and there are some cool things that come with the package that I like.

Now for the good news. My car went into production today! I was told it is one of the earliest US cars to be built. Given the production duration and likely shipping time, the car should arrive at my dealer in early September. You can bet I'll be checking the status online every step of the way with the info contained in my previously posted link ( http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/ho...d-to-delivery/). Can't wait to take the car onto some of the SoCal canyon roads like the journalists did as part of the Malibu launch event.
Appreciate 0