Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
I must say, some of the comments in this thread are beyond ridiculous. It's as if BMW has greenwashed some i8 owners and turned them into environmentalist hippies. Since when did owning a hybrid sports car involve going around waving fingers at people over "carbon credits" and "efficiency" and spewing green propaganda? Reminds me of a few years ago, when the Prius craze was running rampant, and a certain group of Prius owners took it upon themselves to take drivers of "gas-guzzlers" on guilt trips and remind everyone on the road just how big of a favor they where doing the world, allegedly. Let's not forget this isn't exactly a 100% emissions-free eco trolley. It's supposed to be a niche sports car that balances performance and efficiency. I can understand, to a certain extent, the concerns of some over the effects that these modifications may have on the driving dynamics of the car. I would expect them to be minor, if anything, but ultimately the only person who should actually care about such things is the person tasked with driving that particular car. Not to mention that, for the most part, these modifications are minor and easily reversible. Some are acting like someone glued an anvil to the roof of these cars. I for one will be modifying my i8 as I see fit and will please my personal taste. I respect the vision BMW had when conceiving this car and certainly will not be trying to purposely undo their work but as it is my personal vehicle I will be customizing to fit my personality, as is my right as the owner. Hopefully most will respect that and be tolerant, although I do expect some to chime in even with what music they feel I should play in the car to stay true to its "spirit" and maximize my MPG. Naturally I will disregard those comments. Anyways, good job to IND as always. I will continue to be a customer.

P.S. As for the user referring to people who lower their cars as "poseurs" I will say this much. My current daily driver is lowered and on wider aftermarket wheels. I've put 20+k miles on the car in 20 months of ownership, many which have been from multiple rallies and track events. If there is anything my car can do, I've done it. I drive my car as hard as anyone could and certainly did not chose any modifications to "pose". Granted there can be adverse effects when tinkering with things such as the OEM suspensions, but there can also be benefits (e.g. My car has greatly reduced body roll and some improvement in grip since I modified the suspension and wheel setup). If I were to chose to make similar modifications to the i8, it would be for my personal satisfaction, not seeking admiration from anyone else. If in the process I loose .0856 MPG, so be it. Hope the penguins can forgive me.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0