03-05-2022, 08:29 AM   #12
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
My dealer is letting me take their dealer demo for 24 hours. I have a few things that I’ll be checking and trying out myself but also want to throw out an AMA (about the iX) for the rest of the community. Dealer spec is:

X40
Pano roof
Leather interior
Multifunction seats with massage
Panel heating
Laserlight
Soft close doors

A few initial observations:
* The trunk opening height is not very high. Fully open it's only a couple of inches above my head (I am 1.82m tall)
* When the grey charge port covers are open you cannot close the main charge port flap
* Lower right corner of the iDrive screen is pretty much always obstructed by the steering wheel
* Walk away lock, approach unlock is great
* HUD settings are a bit annoying. You either have assisted view, nav view but cannot have a combination. EG, in assisted view the map instructions down show up when approaching a turn off
* The HUD is brilliant though...best I have ever personally seen
* Doors are surprisingly heavy, and take a little bit of heft to open, owing to the grab handle being far forward
* If you store a phone in the little pocket in front of the iDrive controller it will constantly rock back and forth while driving...which is annoying
* The key feels cheap and does not match the pricetag or overall quality of the car
* Reversing assistant is excellent. We live down a narrow drive and the iX is as wide, and the reversing assistant did exactly what it promises
Could you check the recline and front and back of the rear seat? Was wondering how much the seat can be moved front if more storage was needed in the back?
Appreciate 0