Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 Comp Xdrive (sold).

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2023 (at port) G80x  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
Congrats. Funny to think $55k + BAT fees is a steal, but I think you bought that car really well. I really liked the Chiarretto / Caramel color combo. Its not just rare, but very pretty imo as well. I frequent a smaller car message board where we were tracking that auction. Everyone there was predicting over $60k. We wondered if the green one listed at the same time competed for buyers with this one. Was the buyer OK with the price?

I had an '03 M5 for a few years. Absolutely great car, one of my favorites ever.

I sold it in 2013. My car was really solid. It seems like the s62 engine was more robust than the m62, so I didn't have as many of the normal v8 BMW issues as the 540 people did. Watch out for leaking rear view mirrors. The chromatic goo in them will do a number on your interior parts if it gets on anything.

Enjoy. If there is anything I can answer, I'm happy to. It's been a while, but the beast still holds a place in my heart. m5board is a great resource.
It is hard to tell if the seller ( I am the buyer)was ok with the price, but obviously his reserve was below the 55k which is another thing that threw me for a loop. The seller is an Auto Gallery with hundreds of vehicles for sale, knowing the car has potential for 70k+ it confuses me how the 55k met the reserve?!? When the auction was over I figured I would get a message or a call saying it didnt meet reserve

Last edited by billings86er; 12-16-2021 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0