Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
I think you really need to wait for real life test...

M3P does 0-60 in 3.... the i4 is almost a full second slower...
The current reviews have the M50 at 3.6/7.
Plenty fast enough for reaction time to matter a lot.

The TM3P is 3.1. The power to weight/torque is almost identical between the cars

A car is more than 0-60 times.

Stand a peeled boiled egg.on end, slice straight down, then lay it on the cut you just made..... Model 3/Y.

Yuck.
Right, it is more than 0-60

So what about the range?
What about self driving?
What about fast charging stations?

The i4 is a good effort and looks very nice for an EV but by most specs it can't even match/beat the M3P :
Range?
I'm fine with 250ish. my daughter has a bolt and it's 250ish. It works for what I do. works better now since my commute is to my home office.

Charging? Meh. I haven't done any road trips in the 335 I owned for 11 years. Furthest I've driven that car in a day is about 1/2 tank. I have an X5 which is much better for road trips.

Self driving? You are kidding? Tesla ADAS is Level 2 and nowhere near "self driving". I have been working on ASIL (Automotive Safety) for years and before that fault tolerant computing. I have designed processors for ASIL-D applications. I'm fully trained in ISO26262.

Tesla is not better than BMW ADAS and is probably worse. Tesla relies on cameras alone and eliminated Lidar/Radar which means that fog and rain cause issues. Full self driving requires redundancy. Tesla has no redundancy in it's vision system. It's a hands on system.

Cruise is a better system. GM is ahead of Tesla and so are other companies. Tesla just does a real good marking job for tech that it doesn't have.

Tesla quietly pushed an update because cars were running into emergency vehicles. NTHSA is opening an investigation.

Repeat after me. Tesla auto pilot and full self driving isn't.

The M3P has no car play, no HUD, no active suspension (cost reasons), camera only ADAS, has suspect build.quality.
Have you ever tried Tesla full self driving? Most likely not

And you say BMW or even GM's is better. You are delusional.

Can gm or BMW change lanes on it's own? Or detect stop signs or stop lights ? Maybe in 6-7 years
Yes they both can and I'm sorry but I'm not delusional.
BMW has traffic sign recognition and also adaptive regeneration and braking that is tied to GPS location. GM Cruise is stellar and you should read up on them.

BMW has auto emergency corridor. It won't come to the US but it will pull to the side of the road for emergency vehicles to pass.

Both GM and BMW are absolutely as good as Tesla and use additional sensors besides cameras.

Tesla has a problem with emergency vehicle in bad weather.

I have worked with multiple companies on ADAS and ASIL compliance for over five years. Part of that was working on processors that support lockstep execution and fault tolerance. I have been trained by Exida and TUV and have been certified. I know what's what in automotive safety.

Not currently what I am doing but I stopped doing that earlier this year.