06-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #26
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilum View Post
Agreed, BMW are leaving it rather late for U.S. spec'd cars... The UK i dealers were first able to spec cars on the internal ordering system and draw up contracts on 20th March this year, with initial customer cars seeming to have an ETA of July/August. So based on July U.S. deliveries the dealers should have been able to spec them in March/April.

Fingers crossed U.S. customers aren't made to wait to long for their i8s.

T
I've kinda stopped constantly checking, hoping the old "watched pot never boils" adage will prove true in that the moment I truly stop caring they'll call me up to finalize my order.

My friend thinks the US has been holding back details to keep from ticking off foreign customers by waiting until they take delivery before revealing all the options they had to pay extra for are standard in the US. The logic being you're less likely to complain if you've already taken delivery. This sounds far fetched, but after the negative backlash in the SLS community when AMG started offering the "GT" "model" that was just a 20-hp tune and black trim, it has some precedent.

Otherwise there is absolutely nothing to gain by withholding details. It just makes them look unprepared and unorganized. 4-Series GranCoupe options lists are floating around and it's still further off that the i8.

On another note, what is the model year on the cars they've delivered and on the order sheets people are getting? It seems a little late into 2014 to launch a 2014 model. GM has been selling 2015's for months now.
Appreciate 0