View Single Post
      09-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #2535
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post

I wouldn't recommend working out each day unless you are certain your body can handle it. I've been very physically active for near 10yrs now, so my body is use to the beating. Sounds like you have a good routine figured out!

I've tried to get my fiance to use weights, but she is always concerned that using weights will make her more muscular. I keep trying to tell her that if you keep reps high an weight moderate it will tone, but she doesn't believe me. It has been an uphill battle lol. Regardless, she is lucky because she has a great metabolism and doesn't feel the need to workout.

Send some of that weather this way, it is 94 and feels like 108 haha
I've worked out pretty consistently since 2004. The types of work outs I've done have varied but it's always been something. I could push myself & can handle it but don't find that it benefits me. I hope that makes sense.

I don't use heavy weights. Don't laugh but I'm on 8lbs currently (not because I can't do more) but I do high reps just like you said above. I build muscle very easy and don't want that man look. I remember working with a trainer who had me on heavy weight sets and my thighs got so toned & ripped they would barely fit in my jeans. I don't like that look at all.

That temp was early this morning, believe me in South Louisiana we had that heat today. I'm over it

I'm not a diet person either. I believe life style changes have benefitted me the most. For instance, I did a 40 day no added sugar (could do honey, coconut sugar, stevia leaf extract, no caffeine (never really drink it) & no alcohol. I didn't realize how much sugar I was consuming & had this little bloat in the lower ab area. That went away & I've been pretty consistent with no added sugar ever since. I do treat myself if I have a craving or out for dinner.
Appreciate 0