View Single Post
      02-02-2021, 06:59 PM   #4
FullThrottle
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe, F10 M5

Alright so first let me start by saying I went from a heavily modded M6 to a stock i8. Also I work at BMW and was an avid i8 hater just because the power-price ratio didn't make sense and I liked seeing big HP numbers and lot of noise and it just wasn't what I or people with similar thinking wanted it to be.

I WAS WRONG.

First off its a full carbon tub, the perfect blend of structural integrity mixed with a light weight ride. That right there is a lot of the original price point. Think about how much spoilers cost nowadays, make that a major portion of the car. 367hp is not fast when your driving 4400lbs M6 but its a lot of fun when your driving 3200lbs paper plane. The balance of the electric motor on the front wheels and the petrol engine over the rear allows for amazing handling, yes the steering is soft, lacks feedback but you can corner at Porsche standards. All wheel drive gets you going no matter the weather even on narrow tires which add to your fuel efficiency. The instant torque is always great, especially if your a city driver, its like your in a go kart. Styling I mean come on; the Exterior is different, good looking and doesn't look like BMW tried to make a ferrari or lambo; but rather went their own way while using aggressive lines that we associate with exotics. The doors is an obvious gimmick but works great with concept style body of the car. Fuel efficiency is unreal, I mean its a 40 liter tank and small distances can be electric only. Interior is simple but that is the trend in the current EV market so even if its not what you want, its not dated by any means. The ambient lighting is striking as the led strips on the door are wide. Color choices are meh but the blue looks great and you can code it so no harm no foul.
It was a showpiece for BMW, a hey look what we can do. Its quick, reliable and has the wow factor in looks. As far as used cars go, right now. It is not a bad buy, by any means. Its a car that excels in many areas, the major hate comes from it not being the same as everything else (loud, fast and obnoxious), they took a risk and based on today's market it seems worth it.