View Single Post
      07-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #1
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Advice on prostatitis

2 years ago I got a bout of prostatitis that lasted for almost 4 months and took several rounds of antibiotics to cure.

Now at 40 yrs old I've gotten another bout that I've been dealing with for almost 5 months now.

After 4 months of antibiotics my doc told me to see a urologist and he has now told me my prostatitis is inflammation based and my only recourse is NSAIDs and treating symptoms.

I've been on/off NSAIDs for a month now and while things are better than a month ago I can't sit on certain chairs or drive much in my F80 without creating a lot of pain and needing more NSAIDs to make it barely go away.

I feel like I'm losing my patience in dealing with this and would be grateful for any advice.

Yes my primary waited too long to refer me to a urologist and I believed his "patience in waiting" b/c he said he too battled prostatitis for several years, so he felt confident.

For just some background, I'm a long time cyclist who never a SINGLE issue with urinary problems until 2 years ago. When that cleared up it went away and was gone. Until now… I haven't been on a bike for 9 months now.
Appreciate 0