View Single Post
      10-13-2021, 03:59 AM   #14
mdf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i

Sorry to hear about your issue. I don't have any specific prostatitis advice unfortunately but a couple of comments for whatever it's worth.

I suffered a leg injury that put me in a recovery-relapse cycle for more than a year. I had a very active life but suddenly I couldn't even unload the dishwasher. It was especially frustrating because I would progress and begin to recover and then the injury would relapse and I'd be back to square zero. After months of PT and medication and enduring sleepless nights and finally beginning to get back to my life, full relapse. It happened again, and again, recovery, reinjury, recovery, reinjury, for a year. And it left me close to tears. It felt like I just couldn't escape. I wish I had some profound lesson or advice to relay but there was nothing I could do except persevere, keep trying. Try to stay positive. I'm not really a spiritual person but I signed up for a mindfulness meditation chronic pain class offered through my health plan and while I was suffering the injury I actually got a little bit out of practicing meditation.

I was on NSAIDS for months straight and I did not fully appreciate two risks. Constipation can be sort of a jokey subject but it can be very serious. My mother had knee replacement surgery and was taking pain meds that left her extremely constipated. Her intestines ruptured. That sent her to the ICU and she developed sepsis which can be very very serious. And I didn't appreciate how serious it would be if I developed an internal bleed, which I got while on long-term NSAIDS.
Appreciate 0