Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Well design is subjective but the model S is a snore fest at best it's been the same thing forever!

Not sure about you but have you seen an Etron GT!

Those hips! Mmmmmm so tasty !

I'd have a Etron GT over a model S any day !

Unfortunately Tesla's have had enough time in the sandbox and now has to play with others, they had their time and now us as consumers will have more to play with.

I'm sure the iX will eventually find its swing. They will eventually tune the design and it will get better.

But as I always say sometimes you need to scare people to move the needle. Then over time the design grows on you, then one day you find yourself drawn to it. If your comfy right away it sometimes means the boat wasn't pushed out far enough and it dates sooner.

Not saying it's the case with the IX but time will tell.

I think MOST people miss one important thing with Tesla. They designed a consumer product that has longevity, and for that they sacrificed "fashion". Which is AMAZING. And most don't get it - they just want their headlights to a little more vegitable shape to look nicer to their neighbour with older model, or they want extended lighting package and mirrors in different shape. They want that LCI. I can't stand it. It is so wasteful! Yes, you may not like Tesla's design, they look like sum of all designs together to appeal to biggest audience but guess what - this is done with intent! Yes, it was forced on them by trying to save money - but I am grateful they have done away with the traditional US model where cars must be facelifted every few years and then full redesign. It makes cars age faster. It costs them money they should be using on technology or chassis refinement. Tesla has longevity in design, and that's pretty great for existing owners or used car buyers.

I really think you should give this more thought next time you rip Tesla for boring design. Think how sustainable it is, how good for used car owners, how much focus is on features and software benefits all users, etc.

Now, i dont want to own a Tesla, I dont like that they own the software and will switch off options at times on you which you didnt pay for, etc. I love good design, and thats why I prefer taycan to model s any day, and will live with worse features or range.

There are many things one can rip Tesla for. But not for choosing to do a consistent design. This is absolutely great and I wish many car companies did this. Forcing people to dump their car every 3 years because newer different looking one is out is bad for many reasons, cultivates bad habits and bad for the planet (and again, IM not a tree hugger in anyway but seeing my colleagues buy a car and say "ill dump it in 3 years anyway as THEY will make a newer one" is bad to see.
Appreciate 8