View Single Post
      05-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #28
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I think we need to agree to disagree on this one. I have a very different definition of stupid. And I'll leave it at that

First of, anyone going less than than 100kph should not even be be on a autobahn. Or a freeway back home. That's what country roads are for.

And if they are, AND they're in the left lane, than I reserve the right to pass in any free lane. The goal is never to hurt anyone. Generally speaking, here and in North America, stay right and you're fine.

And here if you're doing 80 in the left lane, you're going to be eaten by a 320kph Porsche. It happens sometimes. But no one gets in trouble. Left lane is for PASSING. And at 80 you're not passing anyone. So the blame goes to the person who got smoked for impeding. As it should be. The rest of the civilization moves. You should too.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but if you're slow stay away from the fast lane. It's easy.
Doing 165mph on a city street or public road at 16 years old is stupid, and if you don't see that I won't bother trying to explain it either....and this young guy or anyone else doing 191 mph on this or any other public road here is stupid.

There are other people who use the road and I'm sure the greatest driver that ever was and your car might be very capable but you might not be the only one who gets killed if you screw up. or if this young person crashes doing that kind of speed.

I think the speed limits are too low here, but there needs to be some reasonableness to it.
Appreciate 3