08-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #182
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
Carac, as I recall, your car finished production around the same time as mine (my date was Aug. 6). Checked with my dealer today, and the status shown on his system is still 155 (assembly finish/quality check). The BMWNA hotline message is "production complete, waiting for release to carrier". The next ship headed for the west coast doesn't leave until Sept. 6 arriving in Port Hueneme on Oct. 1, so looks like I still have a ways to go.

BTW, how are you getting such detailed info on your car's status (e.g. time of day when it changes status code)?
The "Vehicle Inquiry: Status" page on my dealer's system. Some status levels have a time in addition to the date. Depending on the veracity of this "hitting every dealer within 24 hours" we may end up getting them at the same time anyway...also, W&W runs ships that aren't on that schedule, so it may still make it earlier than you think.

I'm just curious when they consider it "released to carrier", when it gets on the train/truck in transit to the port or when it's actually handed off to the shipping company, at the port. I think it means the port.

Last edited by Carac; 08-25-2014 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0