12-22-2019, 06:00 AM   #21
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Would love to do the M track school but pricing is straight lol... $1500? bruh...

I own an M2c... this is a track day, new tires and brake fluid for my own car at homestead... much appreciated but i will pass

I think this is best for people that have no sports car experience.
Mine was free. I agree with you....it's great for people with no sports car experience, but like also stated......its's nice to beat on these cars in a fashion you would never get to do on a public highway....especially when it's not your car. It shows you what your car could do if you were to throw caution to the wind.

Better their car than mine even if on a track with your own car. They told us they went through over 3,000 sets of tires a year. Plus imagine the brake pads, etc. Also you get to see the subtle differences that all the different cars offer as you got 3-5 hot laps in each model with no break inbetween.

I loved the M5.....but for an all around versatile car, my pick was the M2C. I turned the fastest times in that car as it felt the most balanced to me given acceleration, braking, turn-in, etc. The Z4M was a close 2nd. The M5 would bite you if you weren't watching closely as it had so much power down the back straight....many people waited too long to brake....or didn't hit the brakes hard enough.

The instructors gave us pointers and we had cones identifying our lines, but they would tell us hit the brakes as hard as you would the gas.

We had plenty in our group who thought they were "fast and furious" drivers, but when DSC goes off, we had people spin completely off the track. Plus others like my driving partner found they didn't have the stomach for it. He made me promise not to tell anyone at work.

Would I pay out of pocket...I don't know. I could afford to, but I live 30 minutes from the driving center and haven't yet. Shows you how cheap I am.

Plus I will say again.....up yours Edwin McCain.....I want a rematch! I never would have thought he could drive like that. He was totally cool. He just happened to be performing in Greenville and than Asheville...so he stopped in as he was friends with the owner of the group that took us.

Now I don't know what kind of rate the owner of the company got....but he paid for approximately 80 of us to do this. At the end...he said "I was trying to decide between this and a golf trip....but felt this would give lasting memories"....and then told us Merry Christmas!
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34184.50
N54Yankee2707.00