View Single Post
      11-19-2021, 11:01 PM   #1
2mAn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 & an old Alfa

2mAn’s ‘17 Protonic Blue REx

This seems to be a good place to share this thread and my build. It won’t be a whole lot of madness, but I’m a guy who can’t leave well enough alone.

Basically, I’ve owned a lot of cars and love making build threads even when the car is a daily and isn’t likely to get modified a lot. We’ll see how long that lasts.

When I finally decided I wanted an i3, it seems the world also wanted one too as suddenly their prices jumped from the low teens to basically $20k for any sort of REx. I had planned on getting a 60Ah REx, but ultimately picked this one up last Sunday. Already loving it.

How about some pics?...

The daily it’s replacing and the garage

The plan always was to ‘hack’ the ECU to unlock the Full fuel tank but I read that it’s pointless on a 94Ah. I had already purchased the Bimmercode app at that point though so I went in and activated it anyways. I also activated the Hold State of Charge (HSOC) Menu.

I forgot to take a before pic, but I’m pretty sure the fuel tank was reading in the 75-80 mile range, and afterwards on my way home it was sitting at 97. So who knows, but between that and the fully charged battery I was smiling at the range I was seeing.

It was even better after my commute home!... loving this car

Tomorrow will be the 1/3 of the main changes that’s planned on this car. Another thread here convinced me, but you’ll get those details tomorrow.
Appreciate 0