View Single Post
      03-27-2019, 04:16 AM   #6
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

For example in my I3s i don't trust that range bar that is showing how far you can go, i go by the % on the charge,

For example atm when i leave home with a fully charged battery i have 278 km until empty i have a 15-20 min drive to work(city driving), halfway thru to work i have 250 km until empty then if i stop at the local 7eleven to buy a morning sandwich and turn of the car go in to buy my self a sandwich then when i come back to the car i suddenly have 217 km until empty charge by so it quite impossible to trust the range bar for now, because when i do arrive at work i have 96% battery left so the meter that show the range is not that reliable so i have to go by the % amount instead. My guess is it is constantly trying to account for how i drive, to be also noted i have only 500 km driven on the odo meter so it is gonna take some time for the car to learn how i drive, considering i will be owning the car for 3 years before i switch to an i4 i guess by that time it will have gotten to know me and give me better estimates on range.

What i do want to try though one day is to drive to our summer place with the car it is about 345 km away it is just in range for what the car should be able to do but i am nervous to try due to it being a lot of highway driving although there is plenty of charging stations along the way but that is if you come across one that is available and not occupied my someone else due to electric cars/hybrids starting to get a foothold here in Sweden.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0