Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
And just for kicks Bling/

Which proves my point.

http://www.ps4online.net/

what does that prove exactly? The ps3 is an entertainment device that looks to offer more than just gaming for the consumer? Of course it does, anyone can tell you that. I spent more time this week watching Planet Earth on my PS3 than I did playing games. That doesn't make it a slouch in the gaming department. Its just that playing video games doesn't occupy all my free time.

Yes it makes it more expensive than the 360, but it means the PS3 dollar for dollar has more value packed in it than any other console. Yes it's harder to program for yet it's a console that developers didn't abandon...in fact they're embracing it more and more. 2K didn't need to do a Bioshock so far after the 360 version but they did. Capcom didn't have to add cutscene videos on the PS3 version of Streetfighter 4 (and not on the 360 because of DVD limitations) but they did. In fact I'd consider it a waste if Sony didn't use all that power for the variety of things they have the PS3 do, given my set of wants/needs of course.

Just look at what they did with the 360? Yes its a great games machine. But it also plays DVDs, there was an add on for HD-DVD for a while, now there's a partnership with Netflix to stream movies from their service. They also have a Singstar clone, an online casual gaming community in NXE a la Playstation Home, and are working on a game, Kodu, that will allow for casual game development.....much like LittleBigPlanet. Not quite the machine for hardcore gamers anymore.

That link didn't prove much one way or the other. It was an op-ed piece by the owner of a site who's trying to jump on the PS4 bandwagon before everybody else. Just saying something is the way it is doesn't make it so. People still buy the PS3 and people still buy games for it. If anything it will only be picking up steam now as games development is starting to catch up with what the technology has to offer. Killzone 2 was the first game to make use of all Cell Processors to take a load off the GPU. Yes the GPU isn't as strong as the one in the 360 but Sony are showing you don't need the strongest GPU to get the best graphics....just spread the work out to other processors to do the job. Uncharted 2 is going to be using all 7 processors also, and I wouldn't be surprised if God of War 3 and GranTurismo5 do the same given that they will probably look better than what Killzone and Uncharted2 offer.

The PS3 just surpassed 20million in console sales and did it two weeks quicker than the 360. For a console to do that with the slim games library that it did shows that its only now gathering momentum. 2009 will see more and better exclusives on the PS3 than on the 360. I think I mentioned before that the power of first party development shouldn't go unnoticed. Sony Computer Entertainment is the largest first party developer and it's only now that we're beginning to see their first party powerhouse titles come through with an increased regularity.

No lie, that Halo Wars demo is pretty sweet.

Last edited by bling_singh; 02-08-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0