08-30-2021, 08:23 PM   #731
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
For those that live near Spa or are familiar with that region, is there a time of year in that part of Belgium where the rain chances are diminished?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Don't think so.
Philippe can tell us all about this but the weather conditions in the Ardennes (Belgium) and neighbouring Eifel area (Germany - the Nordschleife is here located) are in my experience totally unpredictable and quite often wet.

I did my BMW M drivers training on a wet Nordschleife and it scared the shit out of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
OK, makes sense. I know the joke regarding Spa is "if you don't like the weather conditions, just wait ten minutes."
Positive . Yes I am ..

Well , actually I can write pages about this subject !

The Belgian Ardennes is the highest area and of course Spa-Francorchamps is part of it .
The last 2-3 year (summers) we've been hit heat waves and extreme droughts with lack of water .That's why we had very sunny F1 races . But this year we got extreme rainfall like 200 mm in 24 hours . I'm pretty sure you heard about the Belgian floodings ..
It was a disaster ! #NeverForget !

That's why this year Belgium and Spa is extremely wet . But in the Ardennes the weather was always very unpredictable and also in the past.
It has to do with the length of the valley and the 7 km length of the Francorchamps circuit . The length of the valley from beyond Stavelot to Francorchamps is +/- 17 km => post # 613
Forests are everywhere in the Belgian Ardennes and also in Francorchamps . That's why it has his own climate and weather as it can rain on one part of the track , and on the other side of the track it can be sunny !

I think it was in the summer of 2015 ,I drove on top at Stavelot and looked down over the valley and I saw that the forest was covered in a very dense fog .
10 min. later I drove in a wall of fog . It looked unreal ! Visibility zero (0) ! While I know the roads there very well , I had to step out of my car and walk over the road to the other side of the road to see what was written on the road signs !
My orientation ability was completely gone ! I was lost ...In a place that I know very well !
So yeah . Over here the weather (can) be very extreme ...And so also the rain on the Francorchamps track .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
Autobacs1344.50
M5Rick59974.50