View Single Post
      06-14-2017, 11:16 AM   #7
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Front. It was a speed trap. 2 other cars pulled over while I was waiting for the ticket. One cop hiding in an on-ramp sending others out after cars. (These were local police, not troopers, which I also found interesting since it was an interstate.). Agree jammers are only solution but odd not to even get the alert.
I am not 100% familiar with the 9500ix, however, at present I am not aware of any laser which does not set off any radar detectors. Even close up the beam spread is wide enough to paint most of the car. The few places I travel which use laser my V1 has gone off even when they paint the car in front of me.

I am guessing they did hit you, they tagged someone else you were close enough to them and they figure they would grab you as well. I know going into court and saying your RD did not warn is not a defense.

I know in NC you can not fight your ticket without a lawyer, my brother-in-law who happen to be a lawyer got a ticket in NC and decided to fight it since he know it was scam at the time. He show up at court and was asked if he had a lawyer and said he was a lawyer, but was not license to practice in NC even though he Graduated from Duke Law School. They told him he need someone to represent him, so he awake outside ask another lawyer to rep him, and when back in and basically got the ticket reduce no points and paid a fine. The southern states make it hard to fight and win tickets.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410988.50