BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-02-2020, 11:08 AM   #815
Littlebear
Major Major
Littlebear's Avatar
United_States
813
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Brklyn. Got a problem wit dat?

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So if I understand you, you are suggesting that charitable donations be directed by government? ....
Um, Murf, where did you get this understanding of what I said?
Surely not from me.

Murf
__________________
"The Indian smiles, he thinks that the cowboy is his friend. The cowboy smiles, he is glad the Indian is fooled. Now he can exploit him" Gof4
"Redwoods talk to me. Say it plainly The human name Doesn't mean shit to a tree" J.A.
"Are we not pins? We are DEVO" Devo
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:12 AM   #816
Murf993
Lieutenant
Murf993's Avatar
2190
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: Porsche 911
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Um, Murf, where did you get this understanding of what I said?
Surely not from me.

Murf
"Yeah, really! The lower levels of our education system don't seem to get much.

Murf
______"

Well, you seem to think that they are going to the wrong places. You have made it pretty clear that you think your views are more relevant that those that don't agree with you.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:14 AM   #817
Littlebear
Major Major
Littlebear's Avatar
United_States
813
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Brklyn. Got a problem wit dat?

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
"Yeah, really! The lower levels of our education system don't seem to get much.

Murf
______"

Well, you seem to think that they are going to the wrong places. You have made it pretty clear that you think your views are more relevant that those that don't agree with you.
Oy veh....

Murf
__________________
"The Indian smiles, he thinks that the cowboy is his friend. The cowboy smiles, he is glad the Indian is fooled. Now he can exploit him" Gof4
"Redwoods talk to me. Say it plainly The human name Doesn't mean shit to a tree" J.A.
"Are we not pins? We are DEVO" Devo
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:16 AM   #818
Murf993
Lieutenant
Murf993's Avatar
2190
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: Porsche 911
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Oy veh....

Murf
You've been clear.

People should better themselves with courses on line and community work rather than buying guns, folks spend more on guns than charity (clearly wrong), and the money sent to charities doesn't seem to go where you thing it should.

My take away is we should all model our lives after yours, because everyone seems to be doing it wrong.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan5253.50
MKSixer23515.00

      04-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #819
Littlebear
Major Major
Littlebear's Avatar
United_States
813
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Brklyn. Got a problem wit dat?

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
You've been clear....
My take away is we should all model our lives after yours, because everyone seems to be doing it wrong.
Actually, I said emulate the Jews & Asians.

Murf
__________________
"The Indian smiles, he thinks that the cowboy is his friend. The cowboy smiles, he is glad the Indian is fooled. Now he can exploit him" Gof4
"Redwoods talk to me. Say it plainly The human name Doesn't mean shit to a tree" J.A.
"Are we not pins? We are DEVO" Devo
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:22 AM   #820
Murf993
Lieutenant
Murf993's Avatar
2190
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: Porsche 911
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Actually, I said emulate the Jews & Asians.

Murf
Can you refresh my memory of that? I just went back a few pages and dozens of posts and didn't see that reference.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #821
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
4019
Rep
2,012
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

how many murfs are on this thread?
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #822
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5254
Rep
16,075
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Oy veh....

Murf
You've been clear.

People should better themselves with courses on line and community work rather than buying guns, folks spend more on guns than charity (clearly wrong), and the money sent to charities doesn't seem to go where you thing it should.

My take away is we should all model our lives after yours, because everyone seems to be doing it wrong.
His self-righteousness is palpable.
Appreciate 2
Murf9932189.50

      04-02-2020, 12:04 PM   #823
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
5883
Rep
1,786
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
how many murfs are on this thread?
I 100% just read that as "How many smurfs are on this thread?".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 4
Murf9932189.50
Dpc2u3485.50
vreihen162085.50
MKSixer23515.00

      04-02-2020, 01:02 PM   #824
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
4019
Rep
2,012
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I 100% just read that as "How many smurfs are on this thread?".
smurfette
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 01:14 PM   #825
Littlebear
Major Major
Littlebear's Avatar
United_States
813
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Brklyn. Got a problem wit dat?

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Can you refresh my memory of that? I just went back a few pages and dozens of posts and didn't see that reference.
Be glad to:
"In this modern world I think we all live in, there are two socio-economic groups that stand out to me. The Jewish people outperform the masses (some say they control the world!), stressing learning & the book. Asian folks also outperform, and are known to have extreme devotion to learning how to advance. Neither group relied on guns to advance.
My parents did it the Catholic way. They had a bunch (4 in the first batch, then two more on the side), threw them out on the street, & hoped one would rise to the top. So last century.

Murf

PS: We now have three "Murfs" cruising this forum!"


Post #801

Murf
__________________
"The Indian smiles, he thinks that the cowboy is his friend. The cowboy smiles, he is glad the Indian is fooled. Now he can exploit him" Gof4
"Redwoods talk to me. Say it plainly The human name Doesn't mean shit to a tree" J.A.
"Are we not pins? We are DEVO" Devo
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #826
Murf993
Lieutenant
Murf993's Avatar
2190
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: Porsche 911
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Be glad to:
"In this modern world I think we all live in, there are two socio-economic groups that stand out to me. The Jewish people outperform the masses (some say they control the world!), stressing learning & the book. Asian folks also outperform, and are known to have extreme devotion to learning how to advance. Neither group relied on guns to advance.
My parents did it the Catholic way. They had a bunch (4 in the first batch, then two more on the side), threw them out on the street, & hoped one would rise to the top. So last century.

Murf

PS: We now have three "Murfs" cruising this forum!"


Post #801

So 10 posts back on this thread in which you are responding to multiple members you made an obscure remark that some might consider racist (not me FTR) about the Jews and Asians that really doesn't have much to do with where the tread started or is now......ok then. Oh and it was in reply to this comment by Sedan Clan and me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You live in a bubble. That much is apparent.

Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
.... How would you like it if someone told you that you were wasting your money on computer courses rather than buying a gun to be a better supporter of the US constitution?

Murf
Its crystal clear now, NOT.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #827
Littlebear
Major Major
Littlebear's Avatar
United_States
813
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Brklyn. Got a problem wit dat?

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Its crystal clear now, NOT.
Wish I could help you....

Murf
__________________
"The Indian smiles, he thinks that the cowboy is his friend. The cowboy smiles, he is glad the Indian is fooled. Now he can exploit him" Gof4
"Redwoods talk to me. Say it plainly The human name Doesn't mean shit to a tree" J.A.
"Are we not pins? We are DEVO" Devo
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #828
Littlebear
Major Major
Littlebear's Avatar
United_States
813
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Brklyn. Got a problem wit dat?

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
His self-righteousness is palpable.
Ooow, burn, burn!
Does someone need the safe room?

Murf
__________________
"The Indian smiles, he thinks that the cowboy is his friend. The cowboy smiles, he is glad the Indian is fooled. Now he can exploit him" Gof4
"Redwoods talk to me. Say it plainly The human name Doesn't mean shit to a tree" J.A.
"Are we not pins? We are DEVO" Devo

Last edited by Littlebear; 04-02-2020 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 06:45 AM   #829
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5254
Rep
16,075
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

With regards to the messages I've received about crimes during COVID.....


....Overall crime is down 40% in the 7 cities my station is designated to patrol, but we still deal with a fair amount of stolen vehicles (..no Euros, all Honda's and Ford/Chevy trucks), burglaries, and domestic violence calls. We also still find guns on gangsters and arrest for serious felonies; misdemeanors are largely field cite-outs. Thankfully the desperation hasn't caused an increase in person-on-person crimes, but I did work a murder two nights ago (...my first one of 2020) that involved a local gang known for their drive-by shootings.
Appreciate 4
upstatedoc4019.00
vreihen162085.50
MKSixer23515.00
Maynard1486.00

      04-14-2020, 07:24 AM   #830
smyles
Captain
376
Rep
917
Posts

Drives: X5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

What's the police attitude towards enforcement, if any, of various "stay at home" regulations?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 07:42 AM   #831
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5254
Rep
16,075
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
What's the police attitude towards enforcement, if any, of various "stay at home" regulations?
It depends on where you are located. My department isn't concerned with people being out. Smaller departments like Pasadena P.D. or Long Beach P.D. (...and Honolulu P.D.) are fining people $1000; Hawaii $5000. It's just silly to institute that kind of financial strain on people who are already out of work and struggling. I would rather have people take a walk with their families or go for a run than stay indoors and start developing mental health issues. We deal with enough people with poor mental health as it is; jails are now just large mental health facilities.
Appreciate 6
      04-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #832
vreihen16
Lieutenant
vreihen16's Avatar
United_States
2086
Rep
485
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Have you noticed an increase in domestic violence calls? Here on the other coast, the local media is making it sound like child/spouse/DV abuse calls are through the roof.....
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 18K miles
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan5253.50

      04-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #833
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
324
Rep
519
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

NSX Foibles

About twenty years ago, I was stopped at the light at La Cienega and Melrose in my Black 1997 NSX-T. License plate XTNSHN. I had two people in the passenger seat. When the light changed, I dumped the clutch and in a sliding and screaming, blue-smoking burn out, usurped the right of way of all of the cars coming towards me, and turned left onto Melrose. I left about 150 feet of ‘S’ tracks and there was so much smoke behind me that I didn’t notice the LA County Sheriff with full lights and siren behind me for two blocks, by which time I’d slowed down to about 70.

I pulled over immediately and stuck my wrists out of the window, with my license and registration held together so that the sheriff could go ahead and cuff me right away. He stood there staring at me for a moment, looked at the two passengers crammed into the single seat, took a breath, and started screaming at me. “I don’t even know where to start with you! You broke so many laws that I couldn’t even fit them on a ticket! And don’t try to deny anything!”

This went on for about two minutes. When he finally ran out of steam and said ‘Put your hands back in the car, you look ridiculous,’ I said. “You’re absolutely right. I have no defense for my behavior. I was just showing off for my two friends, I was a complete idiot. I admit everything and am at your mercy.”

He stared at me for what seemed like a minute, but was probably just a few seconds, and then said: “Go home. Go straight home. One of your friends will have to walk. If I ever catch you even one mile over the limit...”

And that was that. I have no idea why he decided to give me a break, but I sure am glad he did. Perhaps honesty is the best policy.

I haven’t had a sports car for years, but am thinking of getting a C8 Corvette. I figure I’ll get into less trouble now that I am a bit older. Lol!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan5253.50
MKSixer23515.00

      04-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #834
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5254
Rep
16,075
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Have you noticed an increase in domestic violence calls? Here on the other coast, the local media is making it sound like child/spouse/DV abuse calls are through the roof.....
Not at all! The media pisses me off.

What has increased are calls to residences because parents/grandparents are upset that their 16-25 year of children/grandchildren decide to go hang out with their friends rather than stay isolated at home (...essentially civil/family issues). We get COVID calls all of the time.

Domestic violence calls happen about as much as they did prior to COVID.

I have never in my professional life witnessed a suppression of crime like I'm seeing now. Generally speaking, crime spikes when you have situations that greatly affect people's lives (...political changes, public dissent, supply shortages, etc.). This COVID has people scared, so they largely stay indoors ON THEIR OWN; people quarantined long before the government began suggesting or mandating it. Even during the, "Toilet Paper and Water Wars," there weren't any fights; there were no riots. Nothing! People were respectful of each despite being panicked.

These moments are, by far, the easiest moments I've ever had on the streets.
Appreciate 3
      04-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #835
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5254
Rep
16,075
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
About twenty years ago, I was stopped at the light at La Cienega and Melrose in my Black 1997 NSX-T. License plate XTNSHN. I had two people in the passenger seat. When the light changed, I dumped the clutch and in a sliding and screaming, blue-smoking burn out, usurped the right of way of all of the cars coming towards me, and turned left onto Melrose. I left about 150 feet of ‘S’ tracks and there was so much smoke behind me that I didn’t notice the LA County Sheriff with full lights and siren behind me for two blocks, by which time I’d slowed down to about 70.

I pulled over immediately and stuck my wrists out of the window, with my license and registration held together so that the sheriff could go ahead and cuff me right away. He stood there staring at me for a moment, looked at the two passengers crammed into the single seat, took a breath, and started screaming at me. “I don’t even know where to start with you! You broke so many laws that I couldn’t even fit them on a ticket! And don’t try to deny anything!”

This went on for about two minutes. When he finally ran out of steam and said ‘Put your hands back in the car, you look ridiculous,’ I said. “You’re absolutely right. I have no defense for my behavior. I was just showing off for my two friends, I was a complete idiot. I admit everything and am at your mercy.”

He stared at me for what seemed like a minute, but was probably just a few seconds, and then said: “Go home. Go straight home. One of your friends will have to walk. If I ever catch you even one mile over the limit...”

And that was that. I have no idea why he decided to give me a break, but I sure am glad he did. Perhaps honesty is the best policy.

I haven’t had a sports car for years, but am thinking of getting a C8 Corvette. I figure I’ll get into less trouble now that I am a bit older. Lol!
Honesty helped, plus the fact that taking you into custody, making the two passengers walk home, plus towing your car and the ensuing paper proved more than he wanted to deal with at the time. Lol!
Appreciate 2
MKSixer23515.00
Murf9932189.50

      04-14-2020, 04:01 PM   #836
Murf993
Lieutenant
Murf993's Avatar
2190
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: Porsche 911
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Not at all! The media pisses me off.

What has increased are calls to residences because parents/grandparents are upset that their 16-25 year of children/grandchildren decide to go hang out with their friends rather than stay isolated at home (...essentially civil/family issues). We get COVID calls all of the time.

Domestic violence calls happen about as much as they did prior to COVID.

I have never in my professional life witnessed a suppression of crime like I'm seeing now. Generally speaking, crime spikes when you have situations that greatly affect people's lives (...political changes, public dissent, supply shortages, etc.). This COVID has people scared, so they largely stay indoors ON THEIR OWN; people quarantined long before the government began suggesting or mandating it. Even during the, "Toilet Paper and Water Wars," there weren't any fights; there were no riots. Nothing! People were respectful of each despite being panicked.

These moments are, by far, the easiest moments I've ever had on the streets.
I'm wondering how long before people lose their shit and start misbehaving. I'm glad I'm retired.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST