vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I wonder if he picked up on your reaction last time and was trying to counter the disgust…? One does not just change eating habits to the other end of the spectrum overnight.
He was probably shaking in his boots being one-on-one for date #1, and more comfortable the second time with his friends around.....
antgenn301.00
      08-02-2021, 12:12 PM   #10144
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
He was probably shaking in his boots being one-on-one for date #1, and more comfortable the second time with his friends around.....
Especially after gaining context on the hours of liquid courage consumption.
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      08-02-2021, 12:12 PM   #10145
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Or maybe he stays healthy a lot of the time, and just has cheat days occasionally...
That's how I roll

Also IIRC she was triggered with something to do with her ex over his question about sugary drinks. So odds are she is making more out of that interaction than was originally there.
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      08-02-2021, 12:41 PM   #10146
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Who else is dating? I can’t be the only one willing to share my boring life.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      08-02-2021, 12:47 PM   #10147
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Well I'm back in the saddle now I guess. The girl I have been dating seems to forget I'm not her ex or something.

Protip: remember new guy isn't old guy, try not to hold past things against him

Being said I'm in no rush, I'll see if anything happens for a bit
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2021, 12:51 PM   #10148
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Well I'm back in the saddle now I guess. The girl I have been dating seems to forget I'm not her ex or something.

You’re right.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 01:20 PM   #10149
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

I moved to the Atlanta suburbs in October of 2019. The second weekend I was here, I struck up a convo at a bar with a guy who has ended up being my best friend here. We started talking about our lady situations. He's divorced, I had broken up with my girlfriend of 13 years. He gave me some advice that day, and man oh man was he right.

"This is a very insular community," he said. "No matter where you go, you will be seeing the same people over and over and over again. So be very careful about what you do and who you do it with, because if you're not it WILL come back to bite you."

We call it 'The Doctrine' and we live by it. There have been a couple of close calls, but we both do a pretty good job of adhering to The Doctrine and it has served us well.

Fast forward to October of 2020. My buddy and I are hanging out at a karoke bar. There are two women and a man there standing next to us. One of the women takes a liking to me (we'll call her Amy), so I casually started talking to her. Right off the bat I knew something wasn't right about her. I was involved with someone, so I wasn't really interested to begin with. Nevertheless, I remembered The Doctrine, and politely excused myself from the conversation. I sang my last song, and went home for the night.

Fast forward again to about a month ago. My buddy J, my other friend (we'll call him Van), and I were hanging out at a bar. J and I educated Van on The Doctrine, and why one should live by it. He mentioned he had met someone, and we soon realized it was the same Amy that I had met in October of 2020. We both advised him to heed The Doctrine, but it was of no use. As Dave Chappelle once said, "it's undefeated" (and we all know what 'it' is).

So our friend Van goes out with Amy. Amy ends up at his house after the first date. We then find out that within days of date number one Amy has now invited Van to go to a foreign country with her for a week. We tell him this is a terrible idea, and remind him of The Doctrine. But it's undefeated, and off he goes.

It is during this trip that Amy tells Van that her previous husband had been murdered. Obviously curious, my friend Van does a simple google search on Amy. As it turns out, Amy's husband was in fact murdered. Also, Amy was charged with conspiracy to murder, obstruction of justice, along with a few other charges. Apparently Amy was having an affair and the husband needed to go. Well he went alright, and she likely had something to do with it. She did several years of hard time, served her sentence, and was released. As I type this, she has yet to disclose this to him. If you were to meet 'Amy' today, you would suspect her of nothing more than being a typical working professional with typical home life. She apparently 'wants to talk' tonight.

Bullet = dodged. Thanks, The Doctrine.

How's that for a dating story?

Last edited by Chihuahua; 08-02-2021 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 01:36 PM   #10150
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
I moved to the Atlanta suburbs in October of 2019. The second weekend I was here, I struck up a convo at a bar with a guy who has ended up being my best friend here. We started talking about our lady situations. He's divorced, I had broken up with my girlfriend of 13 years. He gave me some advice that day, and man oh man was he right.

"This is a very insular community," he said. "No matter where you go, you will be seeing the same people over and over and over again. So be very careful about what you do and who you do it with, because if you're not it WILL come back to bite you."

We call it 'The Doctrine' and we live by it. There have been a couple of close calls, but we both do a pretty good job of adhering to The Doctrine and it has served us well.

Fast forward to October of 2020. My buddy and I are hanging out at a karoke bar. There are two women and a man there standing next to us. One of the women takes a liking to me (we'll call her Amy), so I casually started talking to her. Right off the bat I knew something wasn't right about her. I remembered The Doctrine, and politely excused myself from the conversation. I sang my last song, and went home for the night.

Fast forward again to about a month ago. My buddy J, my other friend (we'll call him Van), and I were hanging out at a bar. J and I educated Van on The Doctrine, and why one should live by it. He mentioned he had met someone, and we soon realized it was the same Amy that I had met in October of 2020. We both advised him to heed The Doctrine, but it was of no use. As Dave Chappelle once said, "it's undefeated" (and we all know what 'it' is).

So our friend Van goes out with Amy. Amy ends up at his house after the first date. We then find out that within days of date number one Amy has now invited Van to go to a foreign country with her for a week. We tell him this is a terrible idea, and remind him of The Doctrine. But it's undefeated, and off he goes.

It is during this trip that Amy tells Van that her previous husband had been murdered. Obviously curious, my friend Van does a simple google search on Amy. As it turns out, Amy's husband was in fact murdered. Also, Amy was charged with conspiracy to murder, obstruction of justice, along with a few other charges. Apparently Amy was having an affair and the husband needed to go. Well he went alright, and she apparently had something to do with it. She did several years of hard time, served her sentence, and was released. As I type this, she has yet to disclose this to him. She apparently 'wants to talk' tonight.

Hm. The doctrine seems to be a killjoy though. If we all lived by the doctrine, there would be no fun and no stupid stories to tell people later. I tend to live life by the rule of: As long as it's in moderation, no one gets hurt and it doesn't conflict with my core values, go have fun.

I dated a girl a few years back. The first time she came to my house, she explained that we had to have a serious discussion. She was in a protection program. Apparently the ex, now in prison, tried to kill her several times. The last attempt was in the form of a car bomb. The car bomb incident happened while he was in prison. It was a little discerning to know that in order for her to come to my house, it required a full background check without my knowledge. I also had two unmarked black SUV's parked in my neighborhood anytime she came over. Needless to say, that didn't last very long. I think I've posted about this somewhere here before. Rather off-putting to know that people at the end of the street, are listening to everything going on inside my house.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2021, 01:41 PM   #10151
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post

This is human nature. I see the meme all the time, something about "If you don't heal, something something something, you'll bleed on the person that didn't cut you." It's all bullshit. Why don't you touch a hot stove eye? Because at some point in your life you learned that it's hot and it will burn you. Same goes with people. I know my girlfriend isn't my ex, but don't think for a second that if she acts a particular way, that my mind doesn't instantly go to mentally checking tick boxes of what the issue might be. Don't take it personally. She'll most likely be this way with every guy now.

The girlfriend has yet to do anything that would make me feel like she is doing something wrong, still doesn't keep my mind from going there on occasion.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #10152
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Or maybe he stays healthy a lot of the time, and just has cheat days occasionally...
This. His fridge was all healthy shit.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #10153
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:

Fast forward to October of 2020. My buddy and I are hanging out at a karoke bar. There are two women and a man there standing next to us. One of the women takes a liking to me (we'll call her Amy), so I casually started talking to her. Right off the bat I knew something wasn't right about her. I was involved with someone, so I wasn't really interested to begin with. Nevertheless, I remembered The Doctrine, and politely excused myself from the conversation. I sang my last song, and went home for the night.

It is during this trip that Amy tells Van that her previous husband had been murdered. Obviously curious, my friend Van does a simple google search on Amy. As it turns out, Amy's husband was in fact murdered. Also, Amy was charged with conspiracy to murder, obstruction of justice, along with a few other charges. Apparently Amy was having an affair and the husband needed to go. Well he went alright, and she likely had something to do with it. She did several years of hard time, served her sentence, and was released. As I type this, she has yet to disclose this to him. If you were to meet 'Amy' today, you would suspect her of nothing more than being a typical working professional with typical home life. She apparently 'wants to talk' tonight.

Bullet = dodged. Thanks, The Doctrine.

Do you guys check on "Van" every day to make sure hes still alive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Hm. The doctrine seems to be a killjoy though. If we all lived by the doctrine, there would be no fun and no stupid stories to tell people later. I tend to live life by the rule of: As long as it's in moderation, no one gets hurt and it doesn't conflict with my core values, go have fun.

I dated a girl a few years back. The first time she came to my house, she explained that we had to have a serious discussion. She was in a protection program. Apparently the ex, now in prison, tried to kill her several times. The last attempt was in the form of a car bomb. The car bomb incident happened while he was in prison. It was a little discerning to know that in order for her to come to my house, it required a full background check without my knowledge. I also had two unmarked black SUV's parked in my neighborhood anytime she came over. Needless to say, that didn't last very long. I think I've posted about this somewhere here before. Rather off-putting to know that people at the end of the street, are listening to everything going on inside my house.
Yeah, that would def be a killjoy.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #10154
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
The dude is in the medical profession. I’ve found not often folks practice what they preach, this should be quite comforting. It’s a sign what you see is what you get and it’s consistent. Isn’t a tell all, but something to consider.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      08-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #10155
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
This is human nature. I see the meme all the time, something about "If you don't heal, something something something, you'll bleed on the person that didn't cut you." It's all bullshit. Why don't you touch a hot stove eye? Because at some point in your life you learned that it's hot and it will burn you. Same goes with people. I know my girlfriend isn't my ex, but don't think for a second that if she acts a particular way, that my mind doesn't instantly go to mentally checking tick boxes of what the issue might be. Don't take it personally. She'll most likely be this way with every guy now.

The girlfriend has yet to do anything that would make me feel like she is doing something wrong, still doesn't keep my mind from going there on occasion.
Oh word, I know. She is blowing me up now “never again” but I’m just kind of over it. She has a lot of other awesome qualities but a false accusation of cheating isn’t even a red flag to me, its a meatball (aka you’re on fire and get off the track ASAP). Not only does it piss me off for not being trusted but now I think “well, if she thinks I’m cheating then what happens when some dude throws himself at her?”
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Tommy-G4467.00
      08-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #10156
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Also if we’re sharing horror stories I could share the time I dated a married woman for almost 6 months without knowing it. That’s long ago and I’m not sure what could be learned from it other than “dont date a grown woman with a roommate.”
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:18 PM   #10157
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
The dude is in the medical profession. I’ve found not often folks practice what they preach, this should be quite comforting. It’s a sign what you see is what you get and it’s consistent. Isn’t a tell all, but something to consider.
My fridge looks similar (thank you Dash Diet ) but with dark chocolate. I prefer a healthy eater over, who doesn't criticize me, over someone who always eats like a child any day of the week
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614906.00
      08-02-2021, 02:19 PM   #10158
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
So you've been to his house...?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #10159
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yeah this guy sounds like me. If I’m not in cheat mode I’m super particular about my diet. I can cut loose but its almost like penance, the days leading up to and the days after I’m trying to make up for it. When I do cheat I make it count though.

And when I’m training for something I really stick to it. Nothing worse than a triathlon with the beer shits.

Just because he is policing himself doesn’t mean he is gonna police you. Odds are your ex wasn’t a pillar of health, just a narcissist and controlling.
Appreciate 2
Sara5775.50
King Rudi13152.00
      08-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #10160
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Scary!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:31 PM   #10161
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Quote:
Who was it that suggested I give surgeon a second chance?

What a difference a second date can make. After telling him no at first, he invited me to hang out with his friends yesterday. 4 bars and 1 restaurant later, it was a very nice time. He was actually talkative. His friends were great. Didn't think I'd be the only girl there, but hey.
There’s a reason why DR.s have a very high divorce rate!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:31 PM   #10162
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Haha, convenient!

No way I'd be safe to drive after that sort of session, within 12h.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #10163
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Whats the meaning of "bottomless coffee"? I read that at a café bar at an airport. Is that kinda coffee flat, so to speak?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #10164
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Whats the meaning of "bottomless coffee"? I read that at a café bar at an airport. Is that kinda coffee flat, so to speak?
All you can drink, no charge for refills.
vreihen1614906.00
Dang3r12503.00