Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

11-18-2021, 06:25 PM   #45
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
Does anyone know if you still get the 3D surround view of the car if you don't get the Parking Assistant Package? What exactly is in it?
My question as well!! I can give up parking assistance as long as it has 3D/top view. Wheels are too expensive to curb. Without parking assist, then all the other options I'm looking for are available in the eDrive40 (well most, can't get drive recorder).
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:30 PM   #46
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Standard on the M50 optional $700 on the other.
But to get the Adaptive M Suspension on the eDrive40 you are forced to also get M Sport Package for another $2400 so it really costs $3100. I decided not worth it. The car comes standard with displacement sensitive shocks, their just not adjustable.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:44 PM   #47
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi e-Tron

If it weren't for the significant hit in range, I'd have less issues with the i4 M50. Since I'm coming from an e-Tron, I really want an increase in range.

Last edited by Ken7; 11-19-2021 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:44 PM   #48
Acturater
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Standard on the M50 optional $700 on the other.
Ah thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:45 PM   #49
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
Not necessarily a valid build. If I make enough changes I can "trick it" to have more options but it's not repeatable. I'm going in Monday, hopefully they will have this figured out by then. But if I start with a M50, then there are no restrictions. Think they are allocating chips!
I hope you're wrong, but I guess we'll know after a few days. I would have thought the dealers would have known by now what can and can't be done.

I should have mentioned the other thing that made the dealer think that the Premium Package could be ordered with the Parking Assist Package. The detailed order sheets that run several pages long, don't indicate any conflict with those packages. He felt if there was an issue, there would have been exceptions on those detailed sheets.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:59 PM   #50
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
What's up W///?! Long time. My wife is trying to convince me to give up the e36 if I get the i4. I told her no chance!
Hey man! Good to see you around here. Haha talk about 2 completely different cars huh? I also thought if I got one, it would also replace the e36, but I've been here before and I just can't seem to part with it. Been driving it all week actually.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 07:21 PM   #51
Cosmo_Kramer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...eybzcr/summary
Here is my build. I have a question…I don’t see any mention of augmented nav display on i4. It’s available on iX but I watched a couple of review videos none of them seem to show it. I wonder if it’s not on i4?

I also put a deposit with my local dealer today, I know I’m kind of late but they still say I will get by next Summer and they only took $1000 deposit instead of $1500 via bmwusa site.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #52
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
This is what I would do, if I didn't have range anxiety. But since I do, still thinking M3. Until BMW puts out a hybrid 3/4/5 with decent electric range. Won't hold my breath though, they are hellbent on American's having 16 mile commutes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #53
nafelabdal
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKloud View Post
I was able configure a near fully loaded M50 for less than $75K... not bad.

People, have some common sense. This is a 4 Series Gran Coupe that swapped out ICE for Battery that does 300 miles in IDEAL conditions. in terms of design it is 99% the SAME but with a rectangular long screen instead of an in-dash screen. That's pretty much it.

For $75K? You got to be out of your f*cking minds to pay even anything close to that. Even $65K is pushing.

A FULLY LOADED 430i Gran Coupe with plenty of horsepower & torque for 99% of the driver population and I remind you again, FULLY Loaded, with every BOX TICKED is less than $55K (smart buy)

$65-$75K for I4 (electric). GET THE F*CK OUT OF HERE.
Appreciate 2
      11-18-2021, 07:55 PM   #54
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
If it weren't for the significant hit in range, I'd have less issues with the M Sport Package. Since I'm coming from an e-Tron, I really want an increase in range.
What is the hit in range with the Msport package?
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:07 PM   #55
Cosmo_Kramer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafelabdal View Post
People, have some common sense. This is a 4 Series Gran Coupe that swapped out ICE for Battery that does 300 miles in IDEAL conditions. in terms of design it is 99% the SAME but with a rectangular long screen instead of an in-dash screen. That's pretty much it.

For $75K? You got to be out of your f*cking minds to pay even anything close to that. Even $65K is pushing.

A FULLY LOADED 430i Gran Coupe with plenty of horsepower & torque for 99% of the driver population and I remind you again, FULLY Loaded, with every BOX TICKED is less than $55K (smart buy)

Fully loaded for $55k? Try again
I guess you can get $15k discount in this market. If you’re not interested in the car stop trolling.

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...megbpbt/design
Appreciate 1
otay826.00
      11-18-2021, 08:25 PM   #56
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

If you ever owned a BEV you’d understand. There’s nothing like the instant torque, effortless acceleration and supreme quietness of a BEV. This will be my 4th BEV. I’ll never go back to ICE vehicles. Each to his own.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:29 PM   #57
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
What is the hit in range with the Msport package?
There is no hit as far as I know with the Msport package unless you went to bigger wheels. At first I thought you were referencing the M50 variant which does take an almost 20% range hit.

It would be nice if BMW gave us the range for each wheel selection, even if it’s just to spell out the difference between the 19s & 20s.

Last edited by Ken7; 11-18-2021 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
BarryB864.50
      11-18-2021, 08:35 PM   #58
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:

A fully loaded 430i is not going to do 0-60 in 3.6 seconds. Is that something that everyone needs? No. But if you want it you will have to pay for it.

Last edited by RedKloud; 11-18-2021 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:52 PM   #59
itWorks
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

oh god no

With that hideous frontend, absolutely not interested. It's totally cartoonish looking.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:54 PM   #60
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
Quote:
That's what I thought and ran into the same issue with repeated build attempts at the dealer & at home. However, as of 10 minutes ago, I was able to successfully build a fully decked out eDrive 40 with Premium Package, Parking Assistance Package, Driver Assist, Icon Adaptive LED, eSIM 5G, wireless device charging, Harmon Kardon, Heads Up Display & Driver Recorder. As my dealer guessed, it must have been a glitch in the system before. In fact I just called him and he STILL couldn't build it at his desk even with my build code. We both are thinking it might be a browser issue on their end since he's seen this kind of thing before. I'm doing the build on Safari on a Mac.

He felt strongly that if I was able to do it at home then the build must be legitimate and it's just a matter of time before it's fixed on their end.
Not necessarily a valid build. If I make enough changes I can "trick it" to have more options but it's not repeatable. I'm going in Monday, hopefully they will have this figured out by then. But if I start with a M50, then there are no restrictions. Think they are allocating chips!
I was able to configure with the 20" wheels and summary without adding the package and at a lower price.

Not a valid build for my M50.
I cleared my browser cache and started over.
      11-18-2021, 09:10 PM   #61
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itWorks View Post
With that hideous frontend, absolutely not interested. It's totally cartoonish looking.
Great, one less order to hold things up for the rest of us! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 09:48 PM   #62
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dravit Grey looks great on this car…. Also the price for the M50 is surprisingly competitive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 10:19 PM   #63
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I was able to configure with the 20" wheels and summary without adding the package and at a lower price.

I keep thinking back to the detailed build sheets where these conflicts didn’t exist for these two packages. I’m still holding out hope combining Premium & Park Assist is a valid build. The other thing I noticed can go the wayside is the HUD. I’d really like that too and again, the detailed dealer build sheets allowed it.

The other thing that may or may not mean anything is that the BMW Canadian website allows all of these packages and groups them into 2 available biggie packages. That site has been live for a bit now.

So is it the build sheets that are wrong or the U.S. website’s first day offering?

Last edited by Ken7; 11-18-2021 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 11:39 PM   #64
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I keep thinking back to the detailed build sheets where these conflicts didn't exist for these two packages. I'm still holding out hope combining Premium & Park Assist is a valid build. The other thing I noticed can go the wayside is the HUD. I'd really like that too and again, the detailed dealer build sheets allowed it.

The other thing that may or may not mean anything is that the BMW Canadian website allows all of these packages and groups them into 2 available biggie packages. That site has been live for a bit now.

So is it the build sheets that are wrong or the U.S. website's first day offering?
I think the build sheets are probably correct.

When my dealer entered my build he generated a pdf from the factory configurator. It matched what I had circled on my sheet that I got off the web.

Now granted it was from the M50 and I selected just about all the options, but they did match up.
      11-18-2021, 11:42 PM   #65
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itWorks View Post
Great, one less order to hold things up for the rest of us! Thanks!
Nah, he wasn't ordering anyway.
The front end of this car isn't a shocker. The grill is on the 4 series coupe and M4.

Did I like the grill at first? No. It grew on me.
      11-19-2021, 12:19 AM   #66
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Is anyone expecting to negotiate below MSRP? I haven't bought a new BMW in 9 years!
I expect to.
At least a couple of grand.
I've been going to this same dealer for more than a decade for service. They have been servicing two cars.

We shall see. I definitely am not paying more than MSRP. My dealer is also on the California instant rebate list
Couple thousand off in California?!

I wish you luck but this isn't 2019. I think MSRP would be a great deal for you.
Nah. MSRP isn't a problem.

I have a great relationship with my dealer.
I have service history that goes back a decade on multiple cars.

We shall see. It's not a deal breaker either way.
Ya keep us in the loop. We've had discussions in other threads about most Cali dealers selling over MSRP.

From my experience working at a BMW store, sales and service rarely mix when it comes to getting a deal.