BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

09-05-2016, 05:56 PM   #45
13pauls
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshallbrew View Post
Wow... tough crowd here. Yeah, I get it, not everyone likes the color combo that I bought... it's cool.
Car looks amazing Bro...looks like a lot of "OLD" guys on this forum who just dont understand..LOL
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2016, 02:11 PM   #46
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13pauls View Post
Car looks amazing Bro...looks like a lot of "OLD" guys on this forum who just dont understand..LOL
Haha. It's always the "old" guys who don't get it, isn't it? Maybe people beyond 40 have learned to understand that customization and good design requires more than just changing all the colors and adding a bunch of plastic trim pieces (not the case here).

If it were that easy, everyone could be a designer. Three guesses why they aren't ...
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #47
Baron UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ionic silver i8 & RR vogue v8

Sort of like it congrats. I can change the mood lighting in my RR to green. Not sure on my i8? Wife has it most of the time......

Better than the polished gold crome wrap i saw on the M5 2 weeks ago. YUK !!!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #48
Cali Singh
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Not a fan of that green. Clashes with BMW logo and the interior welcome light
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 12:25 AM   #49
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: i8 Pure Impulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye-eight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13pauls View Post
Haha. It's always the "old" guys who don't get it, isn't it? Maybe people beyond 40 have learned to understand that customization and good design requires more than just changing all the colors and adding a bunch of plastic trim pieces (not the case here).

If it were that easy, everyone could be a designer. Three guesses why they aren't ...
You're so bitter.
Appreciate 1
M3 boi3211.00
      09-07-2016, 03:07 AM   #50
Marshallbrew
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8 Premium White/Java

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2006 BMW M5  [0.00]
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
I am over 40... So, I didn't come up with the paint scheme. I was actually looking at a white/blue/black at the time. Then I saw this one, I liked her more. I think the green is very subtle compared to the other color options. But I was told the green did add 50+ HP, so that's the main reason why I chose her.

For those that don't know about the interior light, the color can be changed. Not to green unfortunately. Would white make you all happy? Or if I did orange interior lights, I could get like a pumpkin thing going.... orange, with white and green. Oh wait, with the black wheels, it would be a great Halloween vehicle.

Ok, not really on the 50+ HP.

BTW, Air Jordans are still cool. They were cool when I was a kid and they are still cool now.
Appreciate 1
M3 boi3211.00
      09-07-2016, 03:36 AM   #51
manni22gp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: The ultimate driving machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshallbrew View Post
I am over 40... So, I didn't come up with the paint scheme. I was actually looking at a white/blue/black at the time. Then I saw this one, I liked her more. I think the green is very subtle compared to the other color options. But I was told the green did add 50+ HP, so that's the main reason why I chose her.

For those that don't know about the interior light, the color can be changed. Not to green unfortunately. Would white make you all happy? Or if I did orange interior lights, I could get like a pumpkin thing going.... orange, with white and green. Oh wait, with the black wheels, it would be a great Halloween vehicle.

Ok, not really on the 50+ HP.

BTW, Air Jordans are still cool. They were cool when I was a kid and they are still cool now.
We decided to customise the i8's purely because we felt BMW was not doing enough on such a unique car - subsequent to what we have been doing, BMW has now launched further exterior colours through the Individual Program.

There are many limitations of course - for example, we cannot touch the seatbelts for obvious reasons (though not so obvious according to what I'm reading in this thread so - SAFETY!). Neither can we alter the interior lighting.

Not everyone will appreciate the colour schemes but that's the beauty of us, right? Not everyone is "Vanilla" and that's cool.

Congrats again on your awesome ride! It is unique and a 1 of 1.
Appreciate 3
      09-07-2016, 06:03 AM   #52
Marshallbrew
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8 Premium White/Java

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2006 BMW M5  [0.00]
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by manni22gp View Post
We decided to customise the i8's purely because we felt BMW was not doing enough on such a unique car - subsequent to what we have been doing, BMW has now launched further exterior colours through the Individual Program.

There are many limitations of course - for example, we cannot touch the seatbelts for obvious reasons (though not so obvious according to what I'm reading in this thread so - SAFETY!). Neither can we alter the interior lighting.

Not everyone will appreciate the colour schemes but that's the beauty of us, right? Not everyone is "Vanilla" and that's cool.

Congrats again on your awesome ride! It is unique and a 1 of 1.
Thanks! I love it, including the color.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 12:57 AM   #53
deepocean
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335

mashallah bro congrats look nice
join us at bnw club uae we will glade to see you in our events
• BMS Dual intake system • RB PCV Valve • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg2 map
Appreciate 1