Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

11-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #111
jeffc42
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 335i, on order: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Sorry if it's covered before - anyone have a link to the i4 order/pricing guide for US?
Not sure if this is what you're asking for, but all the info you want can be found here:

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow.../i4/gran-coupe

Just pick either eDrive40 or M50 and design your own. You'll see all options and pricing.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 05:26 AM   #112
mbchris
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo S90

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daswartz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
I'm going with the metallic white, so I'd assume that wouldn't hold it up. I'm also ordering the oyster interior, so that might be more of an issue.

BTW, the dealer told me yesterday that almost all new BMWs, regardless of model, are coming in with no power seats due to the chip shortage. You either take the car or you don't. He had no idea what would happen with the i4.

I'm still not sure if I can complete the order online or if I need to go back to the dealer. He said nothing about that so I assumed I could do it online.

Ken, I know that they are cutting items out of many models due to the chip shortage, but I did read that BMW said they would not short features to US buyers on the i4 or iX. It wouldn't be the best way to roll out a new line for them. If either my i4 or iX are delivered with anything less than what I specified, they can sell them to someone else.
Yeah, they haven't eliminated anything from the ordering guides.

They would have already said something as they did with other models. Like someone else said. of it shows up with less than I ordered; it can be someone else's car.

Since it is a limited number of cars, I think they can manage or actually they managed by the number of builds they would take.
My order sheet shows Passenger lumbar support delete. No Cost.

Smallest item in my opinion. But who knows by delivery…
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 01:49 PM   #113
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
dealer took my build and my deposit. I passed my dealers cutoff for orders this month for all of their vehicles so they are going to enter it Dec 2022.

I signed pricing documents etc etc to lock in their current price (no mark-up on mine). I did that in case it gets too popular and they add on a mark-up, but if there is room for negotiations I'll cross that bridge before I sign financial paperwork before delivery.

I'm excited to convert to electric, and I'm very surprised I'm excited. This is the first BMW product that excited me in a long time.

my build: https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...h1gujr/summary
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 01:51 PM   #114
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Order Placed! The dealer also had trouble with the configuration tool for eDrive40, but was able to place an actual order with all the options I wanted. Mineral White, Red leather, Premium, Park Assist, Driving Assist packages. Laser Headlights, Harmon Kardon, Drive Recorder, Wireless Charging, HUD.

Couple of interesting items to note. Passenger Lumbar is automatically deleted (apparently for ALL BMW's - chip shortage), and item 5AP is added, which decodes (turns off) the anti-dazzle feature of the headlights. Even though better for everyone, it's not approved by DOT. My understanding is the law is changing and soon it will be. Hopefully a free software update to turn it back on.

Thought I might like Skyscraper Grey but it looks exactly like the Space Grey I have now, and wanted something different.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 05:11 PM   #115
daswartz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xdrive, GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
dealer took my build and my deposit. I passed my dealers cutoff for orders this month for all of their vehicles so they are going to enter it Dec 2022.

I signed pricing documents etc etc to lock in their current price (no mark-up on mine). I did that in case it gets too popular and they add on a mark-up, but if there is room for negotiations I'll cross that bridge before I sign financial paperwork before delivery.

I'm excited to convert to electric, and I'm very surprised I'm excited. This is the first BMW product that excited me in a long time.

my build: https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...h1gujr/summary

You had to do a deposit? Interesting. My dealer ordered up our iX and i4 with just the pre-order and said we'll solve the rest when they arrive. Maybe it is a market area difference. That is a excellent build btw.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 05:43 PM   #116
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Quote:
You had to do a deposit? Interesting. My dealer ordered up our iX and i4 with just the pre-order and said we'll solve the rest when they arrive. Maybe it is a market area difference. That is a excellent build btw.
it's refundable so no biggie for me, but yes the market here with the 3 dealers I inquired on wanted a deposit. I don't plan on leasing so the $1,000 will go towards a downpayment anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 05:53 PM   #117
Cosmo_Kramer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus

So how does the preorder work? Everyone of you that did preorder did you get a conformation with build sheet? My dealer took my credit card info for preorder but never charged my card was told they will let me know. I did preordered on last day when configurator was opened and I gave them my build code. I never got any paperwork or confirmation afterward. Not sure what to expect at this point.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 06:43 PM   #118
BimmerBahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo_Kramer View Post
So how does the preorder work? Everyone of you that did preorder did you get a conformation with build sheet? My dealer took my credit card info for preorder but never charged my card was told they will let me know. I did preordered on last day when configurator was opened and I gave them my build code. I never got any paperwork or confirmation afterward. Not sure what to expect at this point.
I preordered back on June 1st.... the CC transaction was completed by the dealer (I think). I just recently (on Thursday), sent over my build to the SA who was getting the order put in the system. He's supposed to send me a build sheet once the order is confirmed. He intimated that my build would likely enter production in February, with a May-ish delivery.

Since you preordered pretty late, you're looking at a "summer 2022" delivery, probably MY2023, so depending on the dealers build slot allocation, it could be a while before you get a production slot/number.

Cheers!
      11-22-2021, 06:53 PM   #119
El2k3
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

For those that submitted your build to the dealer. Did they contact you first to submit your build? or just contacted them yourself?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 07:04 PM   #120
jeffc42
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 335i, on order: i4 M50

Quote:
I pre-ordered on BMW's website. My credit card was charged by the dealer after a quick e-mail to confirm my intentions. This was late June. After the configurator went online, I paid the dealer a visit. I handed over a build code, discussed colors and options, handed over my driver's license for a copy to be made, briefly discussed pricing, and that was it. No paperwork, didn't have to sign anything. For now. Hopefully I'll get a build date soon.

It could be that the process is mostly up to the individual dealers. They do what they want to do, at least until it's time to submit orders to the factory.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 07:06 PM   #121
BimmerBahn
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El2k3 View Post
For those that submitted your build to the dealer. Did they contact you first to submit your build? or just contacted them yourself?
My dealer initiated the request for the build....first contact was when the BYO went live on BMWUSA.
      11-22-2021, 07:11 PM   #122
Cosmo_Kramer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBahn View Post
I preordered back on June 1st.... the CC transaction was completed by the dealer (I think). I just recently (on Thursday), sent over my build to the SA who was getting the order put in the system. He's supposed to send me a build sheet once the order is confirmed. He intimated that my build would likely enter production in February, with a May-ish delivery.

Since you preordered pretty late, you're looking at a "summer 2022" delivery, probably MY2023, so depending on the dealers build slot allocation, it could be a while before you get a production slot/number.

Cheers!
If it’s Summer 2022 why would it be MY2023? I wouldn’t mind updated build after they sort out the bugs but I didn’t know MY2022 for i4 would be so short.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 07:43 PM   #123
BimmerBahn
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
If it’s Summer 2022 why would it be MY2023? I wouldn’t mind updated build after they sort out the bugs but I didn’t know MY2022 for i4 would be so short.
3er and 4er MY change is usually SOP in July.... if the i4 follows the 4er cycle, it could be a MY23 in late summer (post-June 22 build)
      11-22-2021, 08:02 PM   #124
daswartz
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by El2k3 View Post
I had my pre-order in within an hour of things opening up. I've worked with the dealer before so they just called me and I let them know what we wanted. We agreed on MSRP at that point and no other paperwork was needed. They have kept me up to date the entire time with build options, etc. When the configurator opened, I put in my info, added the pre-order number to the notes and they entered it into the build list and sent me a copy to approve. Boom done.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 08:14 PM   #125
Cosmo_Kramer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBahn View Post
3er and 4er MY change is usually SOP in July.... if the i4 follows the 4er cycle, it could be a MY23 in late summer (post-June 22 build)
Ah, that explains it.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 08:43 PM   #126
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

I’m really confused. My current lease ends in Nov ‘22 and I’m trying to figure out when to order the i4 so it arrives at around the same time.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 09:02 PM   #127
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKloud View Post
I’m really confused. My current lease ends in Nov ‘22 and I’m trying to figure out when to order the i4 so it arrives at around the same time.
BMW lets you extend your current lease FWIW if your car is still in production, normally up to 6 months.
Appreciate 2
RedKloud740.50
      11-22-2021, 09:57 PM   #128
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

My pre-order was.done on June 2.
it was via PayPal and the dealer immediately contacted me.

The internet sales manager has been I'm constant contact.

He told.me in Oct when the site would go live.
I already had my configuration done because I had played with the Canadian site.

I went online and then sent him the link for my build.
He sent me a pdf back and had.me double check.

All confirmed and nothing more than my pre-order deposit needed. Said he'd contact me later with build date.

I'm in Northern California.
      11-23-2021, 08:45 AM   #129
daswartz
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
My pre-order was.done on June 2.
it was via PayPal and the dealer immediately contacted me.

The internet sales manager has been I'm constant contact.

He told.me in Oct when the site would go live.
I already had my configuration done because I had played with the Canadian site.

I went online and then sent him the link for my build.
He sent me a pdf back and had.me double check.

All confirmed and nothing more than my pre-order deposit needed. Said he'd contact me later with build date.

I'm in Northern California.
Exactly how mine went down. I’m in WA state.

Only snafu was that I pre ordered an iX first, then had to jump into my office computer because the site was not allowing 2 pre orders From same iP, same day, even with different cc as I was told would work. Then the computer auto assigned my first i4 to the wrong dealer - can’t change that - so had to find another location to order from the right dealer. The first dealer played dumb with my pre order for months saying they never saw it even though my email showed the pre order number and their name. I ended up having to dispute the charge… they probably wanted to keep the allocation. I’m keeping my eyes on it because I don’t want any issues with bmw USA. Only 2 cars per household allowed for the first pre order process and I don’t want mine screwed up because of their error.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:27 PM   #130
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Exactly how mine went down. I’m in WA state.

Only snafu was that I pre ordered an iX first, then had to jump into my office computer because the site was not allowing 2 pre orders From same iP, same day, even with different cc as I was told would work. Then the computer auto assigned my first i4 to the wrong dealer - can’t change that - so had to find another location to order from the right dealer. The first dealer played dumb with my pre order for months saying they never saw it even though my email showed the pre order number and their name. I ended up having to dispute the charge… they probably wanted to keep the allocation. I’m keeping my eyes on it because I don’t want any issues with bmw USA. Only 2 cars per household allowed for the first pre order process and I don’t want mine screwed up because of their error.
My preorder was assigned to the wrong dealer as well... called my dealer and they fixed it.

As always, dealers say the darnest things.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 11:27 AM   #131
416legend
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 m50

ordered an i4 m50.

mineral white metallic, piano black interior. stock 19 inch rims.

got the advanced driver package along with the premium enhanced package.

charging will primarily be at home. in toronto, so hopefully I can find some local charging facilities.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 01:29 PM   #132
daswartz
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
My preorder was assigned to the wrong dealer as well... called my dealer and they fixed it.

As always, dealers say the darnest things.
That's cool. At the time I called BMW USA - they had no clue on how to fix it. Neither did either of the dealers, so they advised, cancel order 1, re-order.
Appreciate 1