Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Just

This gets the blood boiling!!
Mari Agredano-Quirino
Yesterday at 12:06pm · East Los Angeles
I want to share an incident that happened to us on Friday. My husband took his car to get an oil change and to get his air conditioner checked out. My hubby's car is an Indy 500 Chevy Camaro pace car. There's only about 200 made in the USA. So when you see a Orange with white stripes camaro with Indy emblems speed by there's a good chance it's yours. He took it to MONTEBELLO Chevrolet. He dropped it off in the morning. At about 9:30, we were on our way to go eat lunch. As we waited at a signal, we saw a car speeding passed us. My husband said, "babe I think that was our car." So we followed it. He was going so fast we couldn't even catch up. Finally, a few blocks down, we see him pulling in to the drive through of a burger restaurant. As we approached the car, we realized it was in fact our car. I quickly grabbed my phone, began recording, jumped out of our truck and approached the driver. I told him, what the f$&@ are you doing with my car? He couldn't even hear me because he was playing the music so loud with the windows down. As he lowered the music he said, "this is not your car." I told him that it was and that I had just taken it to the dealer to get serviced. He then said, "I'm just taking it for a test drive." I asked him if the test drive included going to get food in my car. He then said, "stop, you're making me nervous." And he began to go in reverse attempting back up out of the drive through. Mind you, he had already ordered his food and was just waiting to drive up to the window to pick it up. As he backed up, he scratches the rims on the concrete. I yelled at him to stop but all he did was put it back on drive and exit the drive through. He didn't even get his food! So we immediately drove back to the dealer and asked to speak to a manager. Sure enough they tell us that the service manager was out that day and the service dispatcher would assist us. As we explained the situation all he could do was apologize. He then went to go call the general manager. This guy comes in to the office smirking and giggling as if it were a joke. I told him that it wasn't f...ing funny. That it was a serious situation. Again, all he could do was apologize. Lesson learned... Do not take your car to get serviced at Montebello Chevrolet. Please share with all your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6279...4776169511302/
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep

Just a reminder that these people are out there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
This gets the blood boiling!!
Mari Agredano-Quirino
Yesterday at 12:06pm · East Los Angeles
I want to share an incident that happened to us on Friday. My husband took his car to get an oil change and to get his air conditioner checked out. My hubby's car is an Indy 500 Chevy Camaro pace car. There's only about 200 made in the USA. So when you see a Orange with white stripes camaro with Indy emblems speed by there's a good chance it's yours. He took it to MONTEBELLO Chevrolet. He dropped it off in the morning. At about 9:30, we were on our way to go eat lunch. As we waited at a signal, we saw a car speeding passed us. My husband said, "babe I think that was our car." So we followed it. He was going so fast we couldn't even catch up. Finally, a few blocks down, we see him pulling in to the drive through of a burger restaurant. As we approached the car, we realized it was in fact our car. I quickly grabbed my phone, began recording, jumped out of our truck and approached the driver. I told him, what the f$&@ are you doing with my car? He couldn't even hear me because he was playing the music so loud with the windows down. As he lowered the music he said, "this is not your car." I told him that it was and that I had just taken it to the dealer to get serviced. He then said, "I'm just taking it for a test drive." I asked him if the test drive included going to get food in my car. He then said, "stop, you're making me nervous." And he began to go in reverse attempting back up out of the drive through. Mind you, he had already ordered his food and was just waiting to drive up to the window to pick it up. As he backed up, he scratches the rims on the concrete. I yelled at him to stop but all he did was put it back on drive and exit the drive through. He didn't even get his food! So we immediately drove back to the dealer and asked to speak to a manager. Sure enough they tell us that the service manager was out that day and the service dispatcher would assist us. As we explained the situation all he could do was apologize. He then went to go call the general manager. This guy comes in to the office smirking and giggling as if it were a joke. I told him that it wasn't f...ing funny. That it was a serious situation. Again, all he could do was apologize. Lesson learned... Do not take your car to get serviced at Montebello Chevrolet. Please share with all your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6279...4776169511302/
(edit)
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

I didn't believe it till I saw the video.
No way I would have let that employee drive that car back to the dealer.
Jalopnik will have a party with that story.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

S@cks !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 07:35 PM   #5
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Camaro. Meh.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 07:46 PM   #6
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

But will he lose his job over it? I know cars get taking on "test drives" all the time whenever work is done to it. Racing it, and getting food in it, that's something completely different though.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:33 AM   #7
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

They should've reported a steal to the police instead of approaching that shithead (who could happen to be really a thief by the way). It would be safer and better than the other way around as the "tester" should've been beaten shit out of him for being that insolent. At the very least the owner would've saved himself from eating that shit up.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:37 AM   #8
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
lol, the FB comments said this story was shown on Fox 11.

Welp, now I'm curious on where this is going to go. This is partially why I don't actually buy domestic cars. I don't trust dealerships AT ALL. They all seem to be completely brain dead. I'm sorry it happened but, there isn't much you can do. Least it is only the rims though right?

Rims are more repairable. If he actually damaged your car body wise, this would be hell of a lot worse.
      09-05-2017, 03:49 AM   #9
714_2er
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M235i

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/278644496-story

Oh yea, he's getting fired.lol
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 06:47 AM   #10
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
this video came up on my youtube!

no respect! these shit happens all the time and few get caught.
I was in PA for a wedding, I was wondering if some1 from valet would be joy riding my car down Market St. smh
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 07:07 AM   #11
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep

Although not my car, I would have been just as furious about this whole situation. This just goes to show that many of these dealerships cannot be trusted. With the amount of flow that they get, they tend to lose some control, and therefore they end up with these problems. The guy deserves to get fired, as he violated these people's space, by adding miles unecessarily. This couple certainly outed this dealership, that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 07:25 AM   #12
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I'm fine with a test drive to make sure everything works properly. I'm less fine with my car being turned into a rental car to run errands.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #13
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

I made a rush trip to my indy shop tonight to pick up my Z4MC, because we had a line of storms looming and I wanted to get it under cover. When I got there they delayed and delayed, and I started thinking wtf is going on. Turns out the key was with the folks who were putting certain cars inside due to the impending storm, and mine was one of them. (I made it home and under cover literally seconds ahead of the storm.)

Moral of the story: dealer or otherwise, find a shop you trust and respect.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #14
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3