Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Because... Fan boy? *dunno

I can say this... My LG G6 is foking amazing in every aspect! My best friend is diehard Apple guy and always grabs the lo at esta iPhone and Mac stuff. His iPhone + is a nice device and I won't nor can't take anything from it. But I've played around on it plenty and definitely can't say it fits anything better at all than my G6 of even my wife's Galaxy.
Either way... Enjoy your choice.
maybe the auto correct on iPhones are better? hehe
      09-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #46
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Different strokes for different folks. I tried iphones. It feels counter intuitive. It is a smoother os. But the lack of custimization is a pia. I love android widgets too.

Patiently waiting for my Note 8.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #47
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Again, find me a better wireless workout headphone. I have good headphones, but not for this. They're Apple, not old Beats. Have you actually heard them, or just bashing the old, pre Apple stigma?

I'll say it again, the BT aspect is the most disappointing thing about the Xs, not the Beats part. I'm certainly not a fan of their older stuff, but until someone else makes a sonically superior exercise earphone, these do the trick.

And I was still making fun of them at the expense of the guy who said BT was sonically equivalent, or worse, better than corded.
Honestly have not used them, but not a fan of anything Beats.
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4463.00
zx10guy5149.50
      09-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #48
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Why they hell you get a physical keyboard case lol. Should have gotten a damn Blackberry, fool!

Either way the screen protector looks nice. I just got a whatever one. If I drop this one and break the screen guess I'll just buy another phone.
Because I'm still old school. I hate dealing with the on screen keyboard. Never got used to it. When I did have a Blackberry for my work phone, I was made to give it up because my work was shutting it off. That's when I finally got the S5.

The Samsung keyboard case gives me the best of both worlds. A large screen when I want it and a keyboard when I want it. The keyboard snaps behind the case when I don't use it. Plus it doesn't require any power. This was one of the reasons why I got the S8. I had an S6 which I hated and upgraded when I was eligible partly because of this keyboard option which isn't available on the regular S6.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #49
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
True up until Apple had time to launch new products. The X are okay, a non horrible looking Air Pod. They're not fantastic sonically by any stretch, but I blame that more on BT than the actual drivers.

Apple designed beats are worth a look, nothing like the pre Apple products which were Bose levels of bad. For a workout headphone where you're in a noisy environment, the Beats X are more enjoyable and certainly more playful than the Etymotics, and unsurprisingly, better driven directly from the iPhone without an external amp or DAC, which I use for the Ety and AKG.
It's not common I run into someone that uses an external amp/DAC. Big props. I use a Ray Samuel's Predator amp when I go for the serious listening with my headphones which are Shure SE535 or Grado SR100. I have an old AKG K280 but one of the drivers in the dual driver setup is damaged. Still sounds halfway decent but prefer the SR100 now.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #50
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
True up until Apple had time to launch new products. The X are okay, a non horrible looking Air Pod. They're not fantastic sonically by any stretch, but I blame that more on BT than the actual drivers.

Apple designed beats are worth a look, nothing like the pre Apple products which were Bose levels of bad. For a workout headphone where you're in a noisy environment, the Beats X are more enjoyable and certainly more playful than the Etymotics, and unsurprisingly, better driven directly from the iPhone without an external amp or DAC, which I use for the Ety and AKG.
It's not common I run into someone that uses an external amp/DAC. Big props. I use a Ray Samuel's Predator amp when I go for the serious listening with my headphones which are Shure SE535 or Grado SR100. I have an old AKG K280 but one of the drivers in the dual driver setup is damaged. Still sounds halfway decent but prefer the SR100 now.
Ha, same. Had the cheapy Headroom combo and love the Predator.

I use AKG 271s for the office, which replaced the lifeless Senn 280s. Still have an old pair of 701s that work for my open cans, but had an old pair of SR60s and kinda miss the warmer Grado sound. May be time to grab another pair.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50
      09-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #51
Sinnakle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 SO M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
For casual listening, I would agree. For audiophiles, there is no BT that cuts it. There is a noticeable sound quality difference. BT 4.0 is quite lossy.

I'm an apple fan. I love how my phone, tablet, computer, watch, and tv all work seamlessly with each other. Losing the headphone jack I'm really not a fan of.
I agree here as I have a pair of MDR 1000x which is highly rated IF you need Bluetooth headphones and aren't cheap. APT-X codec is supposed to fix the loss of quality over Bluetooth. You need the headphones(or device) and broadcasting device to both support APT-X codec in order to take advantage of it. Support isn't worldwide but will be as Qualcomm bought the company that created it. The Android Oreo 8.0 updated added the codec. Apple doesn't support the codec currently.
Appreciate 1
pz6193277.00
      09-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #52
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ha, same. Had the cheapy Headroom combo and love the Predator.

I use AKG 271s for the office, which replaced the lifeless Senn 280s. Still have an old pair of 701s that work for my open cans, but had an old pair of SR60s and kinda miss the warmer Grado sound. May be time to grab another pair.
I miss Headroom. Loved what the company was with so many different options for headphone amps. I feel they were the ones that created the market. But they're only a shell of what they once were.

I listened to the SR60s when they first came out. I wanted to buy a set due to all the hype. I was actually a bit underwhelmed by what I heard. I skipped over the SR80 and listened to the SR100 and felt that's where I wanted to be even though I was paying significantly more for it. Don't know if Grado made any changes to the SR60. I noticed the SR100 is no longer made which I assume the SR125 replaced it.

I may try out the Oppo headphones at some point.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00
      09-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #53
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
I miss Headroom. Loved what the company was with so many different options for headphone amps. I feel they were the ones that created the market. But they're only a shell of what they once were.

I listened to the SR60s when they first came out. I wanted to buy a set due to all the hype. I was actually a bit underwhelmed by what I heard. I skipped over the SR80 and listened to the SR100 and felt that's where I wanted to be even though I was paying significantly more for it. Don't know if Grado made any changes to the SR60. I noticed the SR100 is no longer made which I assume the SR125 replaced it.

I may try out the Oppo headphones at some point.
I was skeptical on Oppo but I still picked up a pair of the PM-3s. Honestly, it's the best sound I've heard under $1000. Sounds great when paired to their amp too.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50
      09-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #54
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
That is what has kept me from upgrading my current iPhone. What a stupid idea.
Every iPhone comes with an adapter. You barely notice it. However, it’s a non issue for me since I just use Bluetooth headphones anyway. It is ridiculous on my MacBook with no USB ports. You need a dongle for that too.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #55
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnakle View Post
I agree here as I have a pair of MDR 1000x which is highly rated IF you need Bluetooth headphones and aren't cheap. APT-X codec is supposed to fix the loss of quality over Bluetooth. You need the headphones(or device) and broadcasting device to both support APT-X codec in order to take advantage of it. Support isn't worldwide but will be as Qualcomm bought the company that created it. The Android Oreo 8.0 updated added the codec. Apple doesn't support the codec currently.
I have the one step down, the Sony h.ear mdr100abn which is also noise cancelling. If you shop around you can get them for under $200.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #56
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
maybe the auto correct on iPhones are better? hehe
LOL good one.

Not "fits" but "does". I use swype and the accuracy on any device can be off.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      09-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #57
geogerf
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 LBB M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Apple will have 3 new phones announced on the keynote (on Tuesday):

iPhone 7s
iPhone 7s+
iPhone X (8)
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 01:53 AM   #58
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
My company issued me an iPhone 6S+ and I still like my Droid Z Force better, snap-on mods or not...

* Apple still doesn't have widgets (I have quite a few of them on my Droid, but the iPhone's notifications pane isn't exactly intuitive)
* Android Auto is included with every phone that makes on-the-road phone management much easier, but Apple is only giving you a DND while driving option with iOS 11,
* Handling multiple BT's are a nightmare (e.g. I can easily tell my Droid to route calls to the built-in BT of my car, and streaming music to the 3.5mm to BT adapter)
* Fingerprint takes forever (my Droid has the scanner always on, unlocks in seconds and goes right to the home screen... The i6+? Push button, see home screen, and sometimes even holding it there for 2 seconds won't take right away)
* FOR FUCK'S SAKE, the Apple needs a true back button; for some apps I have, it means that I have to start over if it goes into the wrong screen!
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 09-08-2017 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: The old version was a bit clumped together and the BT routing was a bit confusing
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 06:18 AM   #59
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Yeah, that BT feature is a pain. My kid watches video on my phone on the way to daycare and I can't take calls or listen to Spotify, etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 08:20 AM   #60
doogee
Major
Rep
Drives: '08 M3, '09 328xi Sport Wagon

Quote:
I also hate Apple with a passion especially with their stupid iTunes ecosystem.
iTunes ecosystem? What's that.

Sounds like you haven't used an Apple product since 2008.
      09-08-2017, 09:09 AM   #61
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
iTunes ecosystem? What's that.

Sounds like you haven't used an Apple product since 2008.
I have the latest iPod Touch because BMW has given Android users the middle finger. The fact I can't easily migrate music I own on CD ripped from my first gen Touch over to the new one is the exact shit I'm tired of and don't understand why anyone would be praising this BS. I don't want Apple dictating to me where I get my music and how I use it when I own it on physical media.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 09:17 AM   #62
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
I have the latest iPod Touch because BMW has given Android users the middle finger. The fact I can't easily migrate music I own on CD ripped from my first gen Touch over to the new one is the exact shit I'm tired of and don't understand why anyone would be praising this BS. I don't want Apple dictating to me where I get my music and how I use it when I own it on physical media.
Well if you hate iTunes so much, why not just use Google Play music or something?

Pretty simple solution.

Also, iTunes works perfectly for what you're trying to do.
      09-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #63
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Well if you hate iTunes so much, why not just use Google Play music or something?

Pretty simple solution.

Also, iTunes works perfectly for what you're trying to do.
Just loaded Google Play on my Touch. No access to the ripped music files I have stored locally.

As far as iTunes working perfectly for what I'm doing, how so? Have you read anything I've said? I had ripped a ton of music from my physical CD library into my first gen Touch. I tried to migrate those files over to my new Touch which iTunes did not support because the files were not controlled by Apple's worthless DRM. I had to find a third party application to move the files outside of iTunes. And once I did this, I lost all my album art and can't edit the files on my new touch to add them back in. So explain to me how this is working perfectly for me?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #64
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Just loaded Google Play on my Touch. No access to the ripped music files I have stored locally.

As far as iTunes working perfectly for what I'm doing, how so? Have you read anything I've said? I had ripped a ton of music from my physical CD library into my first gen Touch. I tried to migrate those files over to my new Touch which iTunes did not support because the files were not controlled by Apple's worthless DRM. I had to find a third party application to move the files outside of iTunes. And once I did this, I lost all my album art and can't edit the files on my new touch to add them back in. So explain to me how this is working perfectly for me?
Okay once again a very simple solution. Why not just re-add the files to the new iPod? I'm assuming you keep a backup on your computer of all your "ripped music".

This is very easy stuff. Even adding music to your Google Play account is very simple. Sounds like you just need some help. Google is your friend.

In the end, if you can't figure it out or don't like it, stop using it or return it. No one made you buy an iPod.
      09-08-2017, 10:49 AM   #65
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Okay once again a very simple solution. Why not just re-add the files to the new iPod? I'm assuming you keep a backup on your computer of all your "ripped music".

This is very easy stuff. Even adding music to your Google Play account is very simple. Sounds like you just need some help. Google is your friend.

In the end, if you can't figure it out or don't like it, stop using it or return it. No one made you buy an iPod.
Because I didn't save off all my files to external storage. And even then because they're ripped at lossless, each file has to be reconverted to Apple's useless audio format.

I get it. You're an Apple fan boy. The mere fact I can just connect an Android device up to my laptop and copy and paste is lost on you.

As far as who is forcing me to use an iPod, as I said BMW has forced me. I tried playing audio files through Android phone in my car with lackluster results. And don't start on me about Blue Tooth streaming.

Your responses are typical of an Apple suck up drone.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #66
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Because I didn't save off all my files to external storage. And even then because they're ripped at lossless, each file has to be reconverted to Apple's useless audio format.

I get it. You're an Apple fan boy. The mere fact I can just connect an Android device up to my laptop and copy and paste is lost on you.

As far as who is forcing me to use an iPod, as I said BMW has forced me. I tried playing audio files through Android phone in my car with lackluster results. And don't start on me about Blue Tooth streaming.

Your responses are typical of an Apple suck up drone.
You sound like a miserable person. I've had my share of Android devices and know both sides very well.

Good luck.