Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Should I keep the 6MT option, knowing heavy traffic is likely in my future commute?
YES! I drive in congestion regularly with a manual and couldn't be happier. 28 46.67%
I'd still go with the 6MT, but you should know its not going to be a cakewalk everyday. 12 20.00%
No, I love a manual, but save yourself the headache. I switched to DCT/Auto and am happier. 12 20.00%
NO! LA traffic is beyond terrible and you will regret your decision if you go with 6MT. 8 13.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

09-28-2017, 09:13 PM   #45
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

I honestly don't even think and my hand and foot are switching gears automatically. In stop and go traffic, I can think about work or anything and not even remember that I was switching gears the whole time. I drove an automatic for 6 years because my wife and I had just one vehicle and I never got used to it. It just felt awkward. If you're like this also, then get the MT. Highway 10 is like pulling teeth. An AT won't make it any less draining in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #46
MyKmYk
BMW Individual Junkie.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mora E46, Tanzanite G20 M340i

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and advice. As of right now, I do plan on keeping the 6MT. My car is an Individual build (Tanz/Amaro with a few small flourishes ) and as of this moment is at status 102, so I likely have some time to make a change if need be. That said, I think the best option is to live as close to the office as possible.

Last edited by MyKmYk; 09-29-2017 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: typo....again
Appreciate 0