BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

02-28-2020, 01:35 PM   #67
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Covid-19: BUY LOW!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 01:42 PM   #68
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
First two paragraphs, will said, well spoken.

But alas, your Compass invariably only points in one direction. The blame game. You really need to do better.
No. Clearly you need to do better and open your eyes. NYT editorial: Let's call it the Trump Virus.

Wake up.
Wake up indeed! So you think this will be gone by April? Maybe we could rake the forest little bit too?

02-28-2020, 01:54 PM   #69
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
[QUOTE=Captain Blood;25864548]Wake up indeed! So you think this will be gone by April? Maybe we could rake the forest little bit too?

I said nothing of the kind. Do try to keep up.
Attached Images

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:01 PM   #70
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I keep seeing reference to Katrina, like it was a positive watershed moment. I admit, my memory is giving me trouble these days, but that's NOT how I remember it.

Where are my PANTS???
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:26 PM   #71
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Too many unknowns. We know, relatively well, what is happening in this country today. What we don't know is what happens by the end of March in this country AND how bad it will be around the world, specifically China.

I truly think that the counts in China may be understated by as much as 5-fold. If that is the case, this is the tip of the iceberg for the world, but we don't know about America.

The politicization of this, thus far, by the left...and I'm just calling out the last 48 hours, is counterproductive and ultimately dangerous. I'm sure you'll agree with that.
I'd agree both sides are guilty of this with Trump's people being a bit more over the top as usual I'd say.

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-...173531091.html
Appreciate 1
MKSixer23473.00

02-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #72
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
First two paragraphs, will said, well spoken.

But alas, your Compass invariably only points in one direction. The blame game. You really need to do better.
See, this is where you and Minni MN appear to be dickish. Minnie asks for MK6's professional opinion, which he gives, but you don't like MK's professional opinion regarding the political climate. Trump is not making this political, Schumer and Pelosi are, Trump is just responding. You guys hate when Republicans respond to getting shit on.

If you aren't being honest about the hope of possible negative ramifications to the reelection of Trump, or are blind to the fact that the Dems are using this as political fodder, you are being purposefully ignorant. If everyone thinks the mycoronavirus is going to be a world-wide pandemic and disastrous to the US economy and health of the nation, this is the time both political parties should stand together. But just like Katrina, the Dems show that power and politics rises above welfare of our country's citizens.
His political opinion and his professional opinion are two distinct different opinions, obviously. As I noted. Please try to keep up.
      02-28-2020, 02:51 PM   #73
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
See, this is where you and Minni MN appear to be dickish. Minnie asks for MK6's professional opinion, which he gives, but you don't like MK's professional opinion regarding the political climate. Trump is not making this political, Schumer and Pelosi are, Trump is just responding. You guys hate when Republicans respond to getting shit on.

If you aren't being honest about the hope of possible negative ramifications to the reelection of Trump, or are blind to the fact that the Dems are using this as political fodder, you are being purposefully ignorant. If everyone thinks the mycoronavirus is going to be a world-wide pandemic and disastrous to the US economy and health of the nation, this is the time both political parties should stand together. But just like Katrina, the Dems show that power and politics rises above welfare of our country's citizens.
You talking/complaining about others being dickish?

Surely even you must see some irony in your own post.
Appreciate 1
Lups11078.00

02-28-2020, 02:52 PM   #74
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Dude you are beyond off the rails.............................

For the third time you claimed in the other thread that Trump closed the border 4 weeks anyway (so all fixed right?). Yet, you still haven't answered how he did that.
duuuuhhhh
I said he prevented chinese from entering Feb 2. If I said otherwise let me know.
https://observer.com/2020/02/china-c...1-visa-holder/
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:57 PM   #75
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
duuuuhhhh
I said he prevented chinese from entering Feb 2. If I said otherwise let me know.
https://observer.com/2020/02/china-c...1-visa-holder/
That isn't what you said and as was pointed out to you it applied only to certain foreign citizens. US citizens could still come and go from China and all of the other affected areas (still can).

By your earlier logic about me not caring about border patrol. Trump (and you) must not care about TSA agents and all of the employees that work at airports, plus shipping port workers etc etc.........
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #76
adc100
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'd agree both sides are guilty of this with Trump's people being a bit more over the top as usual I'd say.

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-...173531091.html
I would bet all I own that Chuck and Pelosi hope the Administration can not handle this crisis. Obviously you would disagree. The Democratic party of pre 2000 is gone.

I am first in line to say a Democrat did a good job. FDR was truly the most amazing president in the last 200 years. Actually better than Lincoln (Republican). I think Regan was better than Clinton. But I think Clinton did a good job. He did not deserve to be impeached. Johnson was the absolute worst president bar none. Truman was terrible. Kennedy may have been second only to FDR...had he lived. I try to call it like it is.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #77
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason60051 View Post
This virus is picking up steam...kind of scary
It's media hype designed to mess with the markets and upcoming election. It's not as if ebola became airborne with an 80% mortality rate.
J-RO752.50

02-28-2020, 03:10 PM   #78
phantomF80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

I know this is supposed to be US response only, but I would recommend anyone who has access to foreign media or people living aboard to see the response in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, HK, and other Asian countries to see what's happening there. Here are some examples:

HK (info from family members living there):
-School system has been shut down since Lunar New Year. Originally the students were supposed to go back to school by end of February, but it has now been pushed back to April.
- HK Disney has been shut down since early February. No end in sight.
- HK Airport is a more or less a ghost town. Cathay Pacific is asking employees to take 3-week of unpaid leaves
- HK government just started giving out HK$10K per person for anyone over 18yr old, because many people are not able to make money due to business shut down
- Supermarket are constantly out of food and essentials
- Limits placed on number of masks allowed per person
- HK health agency has also detected virus on public toilet handles and book

Japan:
- Tokyo Disney just shut down for 2 weeks
- School system has just been shut down for 2 weeks

South Korea:
- Flights to and from SK has been significantly reduced
- Government has directed 50% of the mask produced in SK to be reserved for distribution through government

Taiwan:
- Government has restricted export of masks and working with manufacturers to ramp up on mask production
- Mask distribution is still limited per person. Price is fixed by the government, so no gouging is allowed
- Travel restriction for people coming from China and Hong Kong
- Large fines are being imposed by government on anyone violating quarantine

This thing spreads fairly easi. Yes, it's not as bad as SARS, but reading 1st hand reports (not media report) from doctors and health care workers in Wuhan do say this is not just a simple flu. And we all know that China isn't telling the truth. So I think it's probably wise to be more risk adverse than not in this case.
Appreciate 3
2000cs1404.50
minn196959.50

02-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #79
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I would bet all I own that Chuck and Pelosi hope the Administration can not handle this crisis. Obviously you would disagree. The Democratic party of pre 2000 is gone.

I am first in line to say a Democrat did a good job. FDR was truly the most amazing president in the last 200 years. Actually better than Lincoln (Republican). I think Regan was better than Clinton. But I think Clinton did a good job. He did not deserve to be impeached. Johnson was the absolute worst president bar none. Truman was terrible. Kennedy may have been second only to FDR...had he lived. I try to call it like it is.
I can't say what is truly in peoples heart of hearts as I obviously don't know either of them at all. Considering they to have family, children, grandchildren etc etc. I would think they are worried about them as well and wouldn't trade any of their lives (or thousands of others for that matter) to get rid of Trump.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #80
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
His political opinion and his professional opinion are two distinct different opinions, obviously. As I noted. Please try to keep up.
Nah man, the term is called "lapping"; you just think you are ahead.
Agreed, I've lapped you so many times it's incredible.
      02-28-2020, 04:25 PM   #81
adc100
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I can't say what is truly in peoples heart of hearts as I obviously don't know either of them at all. Considering they to have family, children, grandchildren etc etc. I would think they are worried about them as well and wouldn't trade any of their lives (or thousands of others for that matter) to get rid of Trump.
Well no one feels that this is going to be a mass catastrophe except the media. There is a chance that it could kill many but no matter what it does. I think is very clear that Trump will handle it no better or worse than any administration.

The point is these 2 aholes figure that since this will be the case no matter what...blaming Trump can only help their party. So yes..my origination thought's were off the mark.

I did not hear any party bickering when 911 occurred or when Obama actually brought several non american ebola victims into the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_..._United_States

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...549_story.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9359456.html

Looks like OBama was a baffoon handling ebola
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:10 PM   #82
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Interesting data. Note the source, so, take it as you will....

Glad I'm not in my 80s!

Will be very interesting to see how this unfolds as more data comes in from more forthcoming countries.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:17 PM   #83
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Interesting data. Note the source, so, take it as you will....

Glad I'm not in my 80s!

Will be very interesting to see how this unfolds as more data comes in from more forthcoming countries.

Which is pretty much what the common cold mortality chart looks like as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:40 PM   #84
adc100
Banned
Rep

Even though I am 74 I hope its true. I live very close to a Masonic Village and go to that gym. I can tell you the world is better off with the overwhelming number of those older than 75. I go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I can honestly I am more fit than most 50 year olds'. I'm happy to take my chances.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:47 PM   #85
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
Which is pretty much what the common cold mortality chart looks like as well.
Please, indulge us with a graph that proves that out. You can even include secondary infection related mortality. Go on, we'll wait...
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:54 PM   #86
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Please, indulge us with a graph that proves that out. You can even include secondary infection related mortality. Go on, we'll wait...
All this chart shows is that the elderly have the highest risk of dieing from Corona, you don't beleive that is the same with the common cold?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #87
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
Quote:
All this chart shows is that the elderly have the highest risk of dieing from Corona, you don't beleive that is the same with the common cold?
Ok I see. You were referring to the slope of the chart as opposed to the % mortality. I thought you were claiming 14% of those 80 and over die from colds.

Yes, of course mortality (from secondary infections) is much higher in the geriatric community. But it's not anywhere near 14%.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 07:29 PM   #88
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ok I see. You were referring to the slope of the chart as opposed to the % mortality. I thought you were claiming 14% of those 80 and over die from colds.

Yes, of course mortality (from secondary infections) is much higher in the geriatric community. But it's not anywhere near 14%.
Yes and no, I also misread the chart. I thought it was percentages for confirmed Corona deaths by age. So not surprising that the elderly would have more deaths, but I didn't realize it was an actual rate.
Appreciate 0