BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #23
schoy
Captain
836
Rep
909
Posts

Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Swine flu started in Mexico, should they be hit with penalties as well?
To be fair, the 2009 outbreak of the swine flu epidemic (which I think you were referring to) was first recorded in Mexico. Swine flu as a general infection has been around for at least a century (the 1918 flu pandemic was a strain of swine flu).
Appreciate 1
minn196905.50

      03-13-2020, 02:19 PM   #24
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
55592
Rep
3,904
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
The current one came from China, pandemics can originate from anywhere. Hence why I said what I said. The entire human race is vulnerable to them obviously and globalism will resume after this one. So it would be wise to try and figure out some well thought plans/preparations internationally/nationally no?
Like SARS if you keep eating half cooked exotic animals like bats, Pangolins etc you'll have pandemics.

It's not that complicated! That's why our health departments recommend you cook all poultry for example to an internal temperature of 165 °F , Chill: Refrigerate promptly.


Appreciate 1
Torgus2271.50

      03-13-2020, 02:23 PM   #25
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22795
Rep
9,586
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
All of this is nice but it is never going to happen. If one reads these excerpts from the Covid-19 report about the outbreak in China, one can see that the international bureaucrats are complicit in patting China on the head. Please observe the language used here: https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...nal-report.pdf

It is very telling. This is why large bureaucracies are dangerous to everyone.
Attached Images
    
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
anglo55591.50

      03-13-2020, 02:30 PM   #26
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22795
Rep
9,586
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
And here are the people responsible for that abortion.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2020, 03:15 PM   #27
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
2272
Rep
5,840
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
And here are the people responsible for that abortion.
Jesus Christ.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22795.00

      03-13-2020, 03:57 PM   #28
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3437
Rep
3,061
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

This is certainly a valid question.

I agree viruses are a global issue and we may not be able to eliminate them from happening BUT China's hygiene caused this current virus and many others. Thats not racist, but a fact. Its not just China though. Dont forget about MERS.

I dont see how anything could be done besides trying to educate people to act differently. China is essentially saying the world should thank them for their response. Laughable.

Personally I'd like see China be held to account and give financial restitution as I believe the evidence points to their lifestyle choices as a cause. Its a slippery slope though because the argument could be made that most countries negatively impact the rest of the world because of their lifestyle choices.

Li's comments about holding the US hostage to pharmaceuticals is BS and that shouldn't be forgotten when this is over.

Just as important I hope our leaders are held to account for their poor response. That fact Trudeau's wife got the virus is karma and frankly he personally is partially to blame given his inability to act early and swiftly.
Appreciate 1
scostu1227.50

      03-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #29
infinitekidM2C
Major General
infinitekidM2C's Avatar
United_States
1855
Rep
5,084
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
War is the only answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 05:14 PM   #30
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
55592
Rep
3,904
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
This is certainly a valid question.

I agree viruses are a global issue and we may not be able to eliminate them from happening BUT China's hygiene caused this current virus and many others. Thats not racist, but a fact. Its not just China though. Dont forget about MERS.

I dont see how anything could be done besides trying to educate people to act differently. China is essentially saying the world should thank them for their response. Laughable.

Personally I'd like see China be held to account and give financial restitution as I believe the evidence points to their lifestyle choices as a cause. Its a slippery slope though because the argument could be made that most countries negatively impact the rest of the world because of their lifestyle choices.

Li's comments about holding the US hostage to pharmaceuticals is BS and that shouldn't be forgotten when this is over.

Just as important I hope our leaders are held to account for their poor response. That fact Trudeau's wife got the virus is karma and frankly he personally is partially to blame given his inability to act early and swiftly.
I didn't know Trudeau had a wife! Wow
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 05:17 PM   #31
Eriphill
Major
1864
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Down by the sea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
I didn't know Trudeau had a wife! Wow
aka Justin's beard
Appreciate 1
Torgus2271.50

      03-13-2020, 08:42 PM   #32
zx10guy
Colonel
2586
Rep
2,557
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
This is certainly a valid question.

I agree viruses are a global issue and we may not be able to eliminate them from happening BUT China's hygiene caused this current virus and many others. Thats not racist, but a fact. Its not just China though. Dont forget about MERS.

I dont see how anything could be done besides trying to educate people to act differently. China is essentially saying the world should thank them for their response. Laughable.

Personally I'd like see China be held to account and give financial restitution as I believe the evidence points to their lifestyle choices as a cause. Its a slippery slope though because the argument could be made that most countries negatively impact the rest of the world because of their lifestyle choices.

Li's comments about holding the US hostage to pharmaceuticals is BS and that shouldn't be forgotten when this is over.

Just as important I hope our leaders are held to account for their poor response. That fact Trudeau's wife got the virus is karma and frankly he personally is partially to blame given his inability to act early and swiftly.
You're focusing on the wrong thing about China. If you're going to indict them on hygiene then you'll have to hold the US and I would make a venture many other western world countries under the same standard. Tons of people die from the flu every year and much of that can be cut if people practice proper hygiene.

I was at a sports bar for a Salsa dancing event. Went to the restroom and witnessed this dude finish up doing #2 and walk straight out of the restroom without washing his hands. He proceeded to participate in the dance lesson for the night grabbing the hands of all those unsuspecting women who in term were touching other guys as the lessons have people change partners. If you look at the guy, you wouldn't think he's a slob because outwardly he was well dressed.

What China and more specifically the Chinese government should be held accountable for is the blatant suppression/cover up they actively did when this whole thing started to brew up along with locking out any outside help or collaboration.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 1
minn196905.50

      03-13-2020, 09:35 PM   #33
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3437
Rep
3,061
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
You're focusing on the wrong thing about China. If you're going to indict them on hygiene then you'll have to hold the US and I would make a venture many other western world countries under the same standard. Tons of people die from the flu every year and much of that can be cut if people practice proper hygiene.

I was at a sports bar for a Salsa dancing event. Went to the restroom and witnessed this dude finish up doing #2 and walk straight out of the restroom without washing his hands. He proceeded to participate in the dance lesson for the night grabbing the hands of all those unsuspecting women who in term were touching other guys as the lessons have people change partners. If you look at the guy, you wouldn't think he's a slob because outwardly he was well dressed.

What China and more specifically the Chinese government should be held accountable for is the blatant suppression/cover up they actively did when this whole thing started to brew up along with locking out any outside help or collaboration.
I think we are using hygiene in different contexts. Im not talking about bathroom hygiene etc Im talking about things like unhygienic eating habits, markets, treatment of food, handling of animals etc etc etc.

I agree about the coverup, but this virus started in China because of the Chinese. This wasnt random geographically speaking.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 10:57 PM   #34
zx10guy
Colonel
2586
Rep
2,557
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I think we are using hygiene in different contexts. Im not talking about bathroom hygiene etc Im talking about things like unhygienic eating habits, markets, treatment of food, handling of animals etc etc etc.

I agree about the coverup, but this virus started in China because of the Chinese. This wasnt random geographically speaking.
H1N1 or MERS didn't have Chinese origins.

Look I sort of get your point. But I can also say there are many unsanitary restaurants that pop up in the news here in the "civilized" world. I remember when Chipotle had to deal with E Coli issues. Just because it looks pretty to you doesn't mean it's clean. And that's my point. Even though things look clean here doesn't mean it is. Bacteria, microbes, viruses are all microscopic and non discriminant.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 2
minn196905.50
JibSTir13573.50

      03-14-2020, 12:48 AM   #35
Humdizzle
Major
1241
Rep
1,206
Posts

Drives: 2010 ferrari 458
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

nothing.

this is how the world works. When you have a ton of people living in close proximity, and eating weird ass animals not because they want to, but because they are poor and have too... you will always have outbreaks.

virus in animal --> virus jumps to animal that is closer in genetic makeup to us --> virus jumps from animal to human --> virus starts jumping human to human and we have an outbreak.

and eventually you're going to get a novel virus that can spread silently before symptoms start. Of course taking the doctor in wuhan seriously would have really helped, no one will forgive china for that.

This is what has always been present and what we fight against. Darwinism and Mother Nature. The strong survive, the weak die out. Just in the 1950s people were only expected to live to 65.
__________________

2010 Ferrari 458
2015 Silverstone F80 6MT
2009 Honda Civic
Previous: E36 M3 | E46 M3 | R35 GTR | FR-S | F30 335i
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 01:45 AM   #36
AlpineWhite_SJ
Captain
AlpineWhite_SJ's Avatar
United_States
903
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I was at a sports bar for a Salsa dancing event. Went to the restroom and witnessed this dude finish up doing #2 and walk straight out of the restroom without washing his hands. He proceeded to participate in the dance lesson for the night grabbing the hands of all those unsuspecting women who in term were touching other guys as the lessons have people change partners. If you look at the guy, you wouldn't think he's a slob because outwardly he was well dressed.
Is there a law preventing you from screaming “shit hands” when he started dancing with people? Seriously, some of this idiocy could be prevented with very little investment.
__________________
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 1
minn196905.50

      03-14-2020, 02:02 AM   #37
hybris
Lieutenant
hybris's Avatar
Norway
176
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
But it's most likely to start in a country with:
1) Death/concentration camps
2) Open animal markets where you can eat, fuck, and buy anything
3) Questionable food/health practices
4) Basically no human rights
5) Massive poverty
6) Bad Pollution
7) A Government that is inherently EVIL, completely controls the narrative/all news. Think how much they have covered up. We only know the tip of the shit encrusted iceberg.
8) Practice organ harvesting and organ vacation/tourism


If the T-Virus zombie apocalypse starts, it's going to be in some shit hole in China.
This entire thread is nuts if you read it and don't live in the US. From a Europeans perspective, many of the points on the list above could just as easily be about the US. A virus can surface anywhere, swine influenza originated from pigs, in Mexico, and that could just has well had happened right there in the US. And the US wouldn't have been any better at handling it than China. Do you think your government wouldn't try to hide the fact that something like that came out of the US? With Trump at the rudder? Please.
__________________
Thorbjorn
16 BMW F30 330e M-sport
Bootmod3 Stage2 / BMS Intake / RM Motors high flow catted downpipe & custom exhaust / BBS CH 19" / H&R Sport springs
Appreciate 1
minn196905.50

      03-14-2020, 04:15 AM   #38
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2867
Rep
4,293
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris View Post
This entire thread is nuts if you read it and don't live in the US. From a Europeans perspective, many of the points on the list above could just as easily be about the US. A virus can surface anywhere, swine influenza originated from pigs, in Mexico, and that could just has well had happened right there in the US. And the US wouldn't have been any better at handling it than China. Do you think your government wouldn't try to hide the fact that something like that came out of the US? With Trump at the rudder? Please.
Please explain how the majority of those can be comparable to the USA. If this showed anything Europe has much lower standard in preventing disease breakout then the USA since we are way behind Europe in outbreak while we had way may trade ties to China then the EU.
Appreciate 3
Torgus2271.50
Germanauto4147.00

      03-14-2020, 04:47 AM   #39
hybris
Lieutenant
hybris's Avatar
Norway
176
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Please explain how the majority of those can be comparable to the USA. If this showed anything Europe has much lower standard in preventing disease breakout then the USA since we are way behind Europe in outbreak while we had way may trade ties to China then the EU.
No you're not, you're just not testing people so you have no idea how many are infected.
__________________
Thorbjorn
16 BMW F30 330e M-sport
Bootmod3 Stage2 / BMS Intake / RM Motors high flow catted downpipe & custom exhaust / BBS CH 19" / H&R Sport springs
Appreciate 1
minn196905.50

      03-14-2020, 04:52 AM   #40
hybris
Lieutenant
hybris's Avatar
Norway
176
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Please explain how the majority of those can be comparable to the USA. If this showed anything Europe has much lower standard in preventing disease breakout then the USA since we are way behind Europe in outbreak while we had way may trade ties to China then the EU.
1) Detentions of child migrants at the U.S. Border, separated from their parents and kept in what's basically cages.
4) Completely dysfunctional healtcare / social system
5) See 4.
6) I'm sure I don't have to comment this. You're number 2 in the world, after China.
7) Your administration pushes so many lies and half-truths every day I dont know where to start. Your president is literally crazy.
__________________
Thorbjorn
16 BMW F30 330e M-sport
Bootmod3 Stage2 / BMS Intake / RM Motors high flow catted downpipe & custom exhaust / BBS CH 19" / H&R Sport springs
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 05:35 AM   #41
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2867
Rep
4,293
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris View Post
1) Detentions of child migrants at the U.S. Border, separated from their parents and kept in what's basically cages.
4) Completely dysfunctional healtcare / social system
5) See 4.
6) I'm sure I don't have to comment this. You're number 2 in the world, after China.
7) Your administration pushes so many lies and half-truths every day I dont know where to start. Your president is literally crazy.
1. Protecting children from smugglers, unlike Europe who accepts 20-30 year old men as children and permits them to rape your citizens and cover up their crimes

4. Our healthcare system works fine, I'm able to get an appointment the same day unlike Europe where you are schedule several weeks later unless you bribe the doctor or staff.

5. Where? Our poverty rate is higher then the average yearly wage in many european nations

6. Pollution is a by product of production. Show how useful europe is.

7. Our administration isn't actively trying to destroy our traditions and culture unlike Germany.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh6939.00
Germanauto4147.00

      03-14-2020, 05:37 AM   #42
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2867
Rep
4,293
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris View Post
No you're not, you're just not testing people so you have no idea how many are infected.
We are testing good sir, the chock point is lack of labs properly equip to handle the testing.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 05:39 AM   #43
hybris
Lieutenant
hybris's Avatar
Norway
176
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
See, how does it feel that some random and clueless person from another continent comments on your country despite not knowing the first thing about it? That's what this entire thread is.
__________________
Thorbjorn
16 BMW F30 330e M-sport
Bootmod3 Stage2 / BMS Intake / RM Motors high flow catted downpipe & custom exhaust / BBS CH 19" / H&R Sport springs
Appreciate 2
minn196905.50
JibSTir13573.50

      03-14-2020, 05:40 AM   #44
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3499
Rep
3,859
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
This is certainly a valid question.

I agree viruses are a global issue and we may not be able to eliminate them from happening BUT China's hygiene caused this current virus and many others. Thats not racist, but a fact. Its not just China though. Dont forget about MERS.

I dont see how anything could be done besides trying to educate people to act differently. China is essentially saying the world should thank them for their response. Laughable.

Personally I'd like see China be held to account and give financial restitution as I believe the evidence points to their lifestyle choices as a cause. Its a slippery slope though because the argument could be made that most countries negatively impact the rest of the world because of their lifestyle choices.

Li's comments about holding the US hostage to pharmaceuticals is BS and that shouldn't be forgotten when this is over.

Just as important I hope our leaders are held to account for their poor response. That fact Trudeau's wife got the virus is karma and frankly he personally is partially to blame given his inability to act early and swiftly.
You're focusing on the wrong thing about China. If you're going to indict them on hygiene then you'll have to hold the US and I would make a venture many other western world countries under the same standard. Tons of people die from the flu every year and much of that can be cut if people practice proper hygiene.

I was at a sports bar for a Salsa dancing event. Went to the restroom and witnessed this dude finish up doing #2 and walk straight out of the restroom without washing his hands. He proceeded to participate in the dance lesson for the night grabbing the hands of all those unsuspecting women who in term were touching other guys as the lessons have people change partners. If you look at the guy, you wouldn't think he's a slob because outwardly he was well dressed.

What China and more specifically the Chinese government should be held accountable for is the blatant suppression/cover up they actively did when this whole thing started to brew up along with locking out any outside help or collaboration.
Just curious. How do you know he dropped a deuce? I occasionally hit a stall to piss just to have more personal space. I'm not saying people aren't ridiculous slobs but you don't know what he was doing in there. He could have been rocking some "blow" for all you know
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST